DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still don't know the real reason for the blown engine, probably from me beating on it, but who knows maybe you can tell me. He are some pics and still waiting to get it back. Maybe by friday, they had to order valves.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
OUCH

Is the motor still under warranty or did they void it on you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Blown engine on an '04!!?? Dude, that sucks! I guess it's good that it is under warranty though. Was there any warning signs before it happened (noises, driving strange, etc)? How many miles do you have on it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they covered luckily, I had 17000 on it and it just had a loss of bottem end and a loud tick at idle, but it seemed to rub the same of you were to pass a car or accelerate hard.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
As to what happend... Its difficult to say... was your foot to the floor... with a 150 shot of N20? It looks like those piston tops got a tad HOT... Or a valve could have floated.... but 2 valves on the same bank.... I wouldnt think that would happen.

Well time to build it up with better parts.... Get those new comp cams bee hive springs... And Comp cams has a few grinds worth looking into as well.... both are worth the investment... and while your there you mine as well get those heads ported & polished by an experienced porter... well worth it. Bore her out .10 just because your there and throw in a light weight piston/Pins. I say for about 2500 bucks you could build one hell of a HEMI all natural and it will take all the abuse you can throw at it.

OR

Im not sure if there is a STROKER kit out yet but that would be worth it alone.... get new pistons, rods, and crank for aproximalty 2500 bucks and be rinning a 6.0 HEMI when your done with her. That would be one bad beast.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying like hell to get that old block and build that up for a little smaller truck and already thought of the'ol Cam situation!!! Just trying to decide on which one. And i also have a buddy that ports heads for 5.0 mustangs just don't know how to adjust computer for cam and head work. He said if it had a mass air sensor it would be easy. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I dont think you will have a problem... After the heads are ported get the flow numbers and Call Comp cams and tell them that your Heads flow XXX, what cam should you use. Your computer may have to adjust a little.. It will still make GREAT power untill a real programer is available for you.... Its not like it will not run ... It will still be a monster... and when they come out with a programer it will be a bigger monster.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks like something that happened to me on a Chevy 350 small block a few years back. Was told that the rings on the pistons were not staggered and that caused my problem. With your motor being not that old, you can only wander. Glad the Warranty is there for you to cover it all.

Tatakai

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Is Dodge gonna pull a Harley on you? ie, They will replace the motor, but you have to give them the old one back, even though it belongs to you? A buddy of mine has an '03 Anniversary HD and it had a tank defect. The only way HD would replace it, is if he gave them back the old tank, and that was before they would even order it. We called HD, and they said that is the only way it would be done. I guess you DON'T get what you pay for nowadays.
Jeffro

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
under warranty the old parts have to be returned for the dealer to get credit for the warrany claim........most parts have to be returned(engines/trannys especially) but some parts the dealership will throw out after the regional rep approves the claim part and the will disgard the faulty part........not many parts fall under the toss program!!!!

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I'd be finding out what dumpster they throw their returned warranty parts into after they are subjected to an inspection.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Man that sucks. You didn't have it on spray did you? At least they are covering it under warranty. Just think of how much fun you can have with a new motor!
:rck:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.