DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, its been in there for over a year now and I have yet to post any pics of my engine except for a video on another forum. :cool:

I was asked by a member for some, so here you go. Mine you, I am still working on cleaning up the wiring, most of it will be moved underneath the wiper cowl.

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
hey twelve. what kind of fuel rails are those??? picking up my 408 on sat. really want some better looking fuel rails but cant find any. also what are you using for an elec. fan to cool that, dont want to use the stock one, but dont know which fan set up to go with.

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
oh yea, the 408 has you runnin 12's in a full size? now i really cant wait. mines goin in a 3/4 ton 4x4 but still, damn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigkuntry72 said:
hey twelve. what kind of fuel rails are those??? picking up my 408 on sat. really want some better looking fuel rails but cant find any. also what are you using for an elec. fan to cool that, dont want to use the stock one, but dont know which fan set up to go with.

those are Wilson Manifold's fuel rails. I'd prefer to go with the polished/anodized KRC rails, but the price was right on these ;)

You can get a Black Magic 180 fan to cool your motor, and you should be fine. I doubt you're running as much compression as me, so therefore you won't heat up as much as I do. I'm running two cheap Perma-Cool fans on a toggle.

Yeah, i'm low 12s in full size, but I have a more radical than usual motor. I'm also full weight, even adding a few pounds with a heavy tonneau cover.

13:1 CR 408ci
KRC 236X Cam
Ported Eddy Heads
M1 4bbl
Built Trans
Stock suspension :D

[email protected] was my first and best run on my only night out with the truck on a track with absolutely zero prep. I haven't learned anything about how the truck behaves at the track yet, looking forward to hitting a track where my slicks can grip. Should be able to squeeze some 11.99s out of it without Nitrous. Then I have a LOT of work to do before I add the juice...

Ty

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Nice! I'm jealous! :(

·
El Cabron!
555 Posts
OOOH! pretty:)

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
13 to 1 is it a track only tryck. if daily driver race gas must get expensive!!!!!, im 10 to 1.

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
also, sorry for forgetting to ask earlier, what size injectors and u runnin the stock fuel pump?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
track only? Nah, i'm a glutton for punishment!! Runs fine on 93 with some tweaks. Race gas for the track though. I drive it everyday too, so I'm not the best person to ask "how far should I go?" :D

like I said, full street weight and all accessories as you can see (ice cold A/C in the FL heat) and she still runs what she does. Had some problems recently, but i'm getting her geared up and ready for some more passes, hopefully, like I said earlier, when I learn how to drive it, I'll be in the 12.00 range, high 11s with some traction aids

I am, however, considering buying a 2005+ Civic, so the DD thing I might not be able to claim anymore ;)

Ty

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm usually over in the diesel side but i gotta say, "SWEET!!!!!!!!" :rck:

I gotta get one for my Dakota.

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
i cant wait to get this thing runnin. been nickel and diming it together for almost a year and a half. all cuz of a timing chain. a 40 dollar part cost me 9 grand!!! oh well itll be worth it. do aluminum heads allow to run that high comp on pump gas? my guy told me not much over 10 to 1 with cast heads on 93 octane.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Man, I just saw you're in Daytona, do you go to Orlando Speedworld to run your truck? I gotta see your truck in person!

·
bigkuntry72
648 Posts
hey twelve, what injectors and fuel pump you runnin? still unsure on what i should go with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that's my downfall right now, running 24lb injectors :VHOT:
I do have a fabbed up aux injector system (using an nos fuel solenoid on a vaccuum switch) and meth. I really need some 54lb injectors and a fast system, but I think the most i'll be able to get out of my PCM is 32lbs with a reflash.

for you? 28lbrs will probably work the best... rule-of-thumb way to figure is take your HP and divide by 16

Ty

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Lookin good ZZ ;)

So you going to run a 250 shot or bigger when you spray?
56lb injectors are fine for motor only with the 236x but a bit small if you spray dont you think?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.