DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here they are a few pics of what happend on Saturday...1. New Tires. 2. putting truck on lift 3. Suspension before pic. 4. More before. 5. Spring taken out

Attachments

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More..1. Left side control arms and new braket. 2. braket on right side led to pic #3. broken bit 4. New tires mounted arrive. 5. Left side new spring allmost done!

Attachments

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics of lift Done! 1. Left front wheel well. 2. Purple Cranium rock gaurd on rear and front.

Attachments

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
The pics are great. I assume you put the meats back on.. Let's see some pics of that too! Don't mean to be greedy or anything! <grin>

Edit....
Ooooh. Looks like you're still posting. I'll try to be more patient! :D

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
Wow.. Looks nice! Did you do all that yourself? How hard was the lift to install?

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My brother took the tires to get mounted, he took some pics just waiting for him to send. I did change out diff fluid but didn't take enough pics for a write up but here is a few....

Attachments

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes did it myself with the help of a buddy that has a lift :) . The instructions quoted 6-7 hours, It took us 10 1/2, with the broken drill bit and trying to line up the control arms really slowing us down, also the bolt sizes are different between stock and the lift so every time had to change tools to get everthing tight, other than that wasn't too bad.

· Registered
337 Posts
That looks awesome!!!!! Wish I could get the wife to let me lift mine!! Let us know how it handles

· 2005 Power Wagon
353 Posts
Nicely done! :cool:

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks great

· Registered
819 Posts
awesome! lining up the control arms is always the PITA part. How is the alighnment now? looks great, I would have went with 36s or 37s, but thats me.

love the diff guards too. all around great job, looks sick. :rck:

...did you get the kit with the blocks or the replacement leafs for the back??

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To shep21..Got the blocks in back.

droppedD.. I got the short arm lift.

· OH Snap!
493 Posts
Looks great. You definitely need some 37's though.

· Registered
1 Posts
Makes a huge difference to the look of the truck, lifting it like that. Looks great!!

I have a question for anyone. I'm new to 4x4ing, wondering what the biggest tires I can run are without lifting my truck, also wondering what the best tires would be, rim size, etc. I plan to rock crawl and mud as well, so I was thinking all terrains would be best....maybe 37"...not sure of width of tire, rim size (see, really am a novice, but love my truck!) I don't want to go too big and end up decreasing performance when rock crawling or mudding.
I have a 2007 Power wagon, modified intake and exhaust. Anyone have any advice?

· Code Red
2,694 Posts
The biggest you're gonna be able to go on a stock PW is 35s. With 37s you're going to be rubbing all over the place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.