DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what I am going to do with my truck but I don't want to do any cutting, what does a leveled ram with 33" look like?

"

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 98, I hope to see many more, I'm also curious if the 33" will fit with no mods and what that looks like.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Just curious but I see you've got some 35" Toyos for sale and was just wondering why you would want to go down to a 33" tire?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I am wondering why limit yourslef to 33" tires??? Stock 20's are 33" and are dwarfed by the Rams large size and wheel wells. Seems I would go minimum of 35's with a level myself.One of the best looking 2500's in my area is a Graphite 4x4 quad with the stock aluminum alloy 17's and 35x12.50x17 and a front level kit with NO badges or running lights(non equipped)......this truck I kept seeing made me lift mine and run 315/70/17's for a little while.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going down since this truck is stock, My last truck had those tires and I had to do some cutting. Gas prices power loss as well as the other issues that come with 35's are what keep me from wanting 35's. I don't think the stock 20's are 33" but I'd have to measure to make sure. The 2500 is different because the front end is not the same. A 1500 stock can take a bigger tire even thought it is lower. The truck slammed posted has 315's which is like a 34.5 and is about 10.5 wide, big difference in the tire world. It would fit fine but there are only a few companies that make them. I had the BFG's and they are ugly IMO and I was constantly getting them balanced. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do. I want to keep my ride quality and not damage MPG too much. Thinking possibly lower the rear to level and run 33".

·
Registered
525 Posts
The stock tires on my '06 QC are 275/60/20. That equates to 10.83" wide and 32.99" tall. A 315 is 12.4" wide. The formula is simple:

275/25.4 (mm/inch) = width
width * aspect ratio (60% in my case) = sidewall height
sidewall height *2 + wheel size = diameter

You can't tell the height of the tires without knowing all three measurements (section width, aspect ratio and wheel size).

Of course, there will be some variation, but that is the way to determine tire size.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I doubt you'll see any drop in MPG with a CTD. You can run 37's with that truck and probably wouldn't even notice a drop.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
'04 2500 CTD with leveling kit and 33's (305/55/20's)
'03 2500 Hemi stock with same tire/wheel

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.