DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got pictures of the 06-08 dash taken apart with the bezels off and just showing everything exposed. its to cold out side to take mine apart and look right now. thanks

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
what are you trying to do??

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looking at making a switch plate throwing around a few different ideas for the plate one that has been done already and then some others i have seen out of plexiglass and sheet metal i just need to see how the lower cubby on the 06-08 dashes mounts up cause i plan on actually removing the cubby all together

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump for a picture

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
demon i know your the headlight man where are people mounting there hidaway strobes at in the headlights. well not the headlight the one where the turn signal is at. that way i get the clear from the front and the amber look from the side.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
demon i know your the headlight man where are people mounting there hidaway strobes at in the headlights. well not the headlight the one where the turn signal is at. that way i get the clear from the front and the amber look from the side.
pretty much where ever you want em, i take the headlights apart to do it, and some just drill until they get where they want to get, but it sounds like you know what you want so id put it close to the blinker bulb and inbetween the reflector area

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok but i dont need unseal them and take them apart do i?

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
ok but i dont need unseal them and take them apart do i?
if you wish to do the right way as i call it, you have 06 headlights correct?

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Thread High Jacked!!!
Thread High Jacked!!!
Thread High Jacked!!!
Thread High Jacked!!!
Thread High Jacked!!!
HEY he started it :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it aint hijacked if its my thread lol or is it o well . nah dont worry about taking yours apart i will just take mine down. i have not seen how the hidaways are mounted in the 06 headlights so i wouldnt know where exactly to mount them. and no one around here is running a new model ram with strobes...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
This help?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bubba thanks thats what i needed does the bottom cubby bolt or screw to the bezel how does it mount up

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The bottom cubby you can see there and it screws into the dash.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well just went take mine apart and i think i know what i am going to do take a thin sheet of plexiglass or metal and unscrew the bottom cubby where the power sliding window mounts from the bezel and it looks like they have a ridge line all the way around it i will place the sheet of metal or plexiglass there cut open the back of the bottom cubby for the wires to come through and make that my switch panel. will have to move my hella switch from other side though no big deal. thanks for all the help guys demon hemi do you have any pics of the hidaway strobes mounted in the 06 headlights? that would be great.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Where does the power slider mount?

I cut a hole in mine too for the wires...

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Oh crap... way down there? I had forgotten all about that piece down there. Yea, I think it screws into the back of the bezel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.