DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a 33x12.50R17 tire? I would like to see a pic if you have one.
I prefer to run a 285/70/17, but some manufacturers don't make this size, but they do make the 33x12.50R17. I think it is going to be really wide (like a 305), so that is why I wanted to see what it looks like.
Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here is a pic of my truck. I have 33 x 12.5 17 Procomp All terrains

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much lift do you have? Think I can fit them with a 2" ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an offroad edition with 2" leveling spacers and a 3" body lift. I have tons of room for them. Matter of fact im in the process of looking for a set of 35's to replace them with.

I think they should fit with the 2" spacers. Probally the only problem you might have would be the tires rubbing the lower control arms depending on what rims you are running. You could always see if the tire place would test fit one for ya first.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I get a set in that size, I'm going to have them on a set of 17" off-road rims from a 01 Ram. I haven't decided if that is the tire size I want to go with or not.

·
Registered
553 Posts
go for it, i have a 01 off-road edition with 33x12.50R17. the only thing i needed to do was put in 1/4" spacers all the way around for turning clearence in the front, at full left the tire was just barely hitting the upper control arm.... ill post pics in a few

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks really good. Thanks for the pics. That helps me a lot.
Do you recall what the size was in the before pic?

·
Registered
13 Posts
im in the same boat as yall. want to run 315 bfgs.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
texasxj said:
im in the same boat as yall. want to run 315 bfgs.
315's will not fit on a stock Off Road. I mean, you can put them on but they will rub quite a bit. My 305's rubbed on the plastic fender well at full lock. I put 2" spacers on front and no more rubbing, I think I have room for 315's now, but they will probably rub when wheeling hard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
figured i would have to run spacers thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
if you run 2" leveling spacers with .25" wheel spacers, you could fit 315's, but with offroading it might rub the plastic with axle travel. it wont rub the control arms. so you might be good. i put 35x12.50R17 to begin with, but i didnt have the leveling spacers, so it rubbed on the plastic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
315s fit on my 01. went to discount yesterday and b/r my badyears. had them test a 315 real quick. On my stock wheel they fit perfect. no rubbing. about 5/8" away from fender plus my mudflaps are about 1/2 in thick. as far as rubbing while off road-i dont use my truck that hard. I have my jeep for the real fun stuff ;-)). As far as coilspacers and wheel spacers i can see if you put a different offset wheel on there. im fine with my stock 17s.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
texasxj said:
315s fit on my 01. went to discount yesterday and b/r my badyears. had them test a 315 real quick. On my stock wheel they fit perfect. no rubbing. about 5/8" away from fender plus my mudflaps are about 1/2 in thick. as far as rubbing while off road-i dont use my truck that hard. I have my jeep for the real fun stuff ;-)). As far as coilspacers and wheel spacers i can see if you put a different offset wheel on there. im fine with my stock 17s.
Like I said, they will fit on the truck, but they will rub the fender well for sure. My 305's rubbed the fender well at full lock on stock 17" rims so I am quite sure a 315 will. Whether you hear it rub or not may be due to the tread pattern, but I could hear it very well with my mud tires.

I am just not into sticking huge tires on for the sake of having huge tires. I prefer a tire that will actually allow the suspension to work which will usually allow me to go places another truck with too big tires can't go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.