DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had pictures of a set of 20x9 stock or aftermarket wheels with a set of 305/50 on them I have a 08 Ram Sport 4x4 and I am looking to putting a set of proxes on it with as wide as possible tire but without the tire overhanging the wheel too much, I'd rather keep the tire as square to the wheel as possible.

Also, should I go with a taller tire the fill up the fender well a little more, the truck is going to have a leveling kit put on it. Any suggestions would be great. Just want to have a nice looking street tire on my 4x4.

Thanks.

· Registered
13,585 Posts
If you wan't it square you should go with a lower profile....meaning 305/50/20. a 305 tire on a 9 inch rim is stretching it a little IMO, your rim is about 3" narrower versus the tire!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my only question now is...is the 305/50/20 tall enough to fill up the Fender well or do I need a taller tire. I like the width of the 305 though its looks beefy enough.. but doesnt look quite tall enough.?

Thanks for the pics though.

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
dont do it man...i have 305/50/20s on my stock 20s...they are 1" shorter than stock and 1" wider...i wish i woulda gone with 305/55/20, but that is soon to come...i am leveling and lifting mine so it would look really weird if i leave these on there....IMO they are not tall enough...they are the perfect width and dont rub except on extreme incline turns they brush the control arm...no biggie there...but i will snap a pic tonite and post what i mean

· Registered
628 Posts
i am going to go with the cooper zeon ltz 305/55/20 come winter time. that tire measures out to about 33.5". i have a front leveling kit and wanted a little beefier 33" tire than the 275/60/20

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.