DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im plannin on jacking the truck up about 5.5" in the front and 3" in the rear and im planning on throwing on some 35's but i was just curious about what a 33" tire would look like on a 5.5" lifted 2x4... i dont want alot of gap, and i know that 33" is about stock high, and those are pretty big tires... but if there is alot of gap still ill probably still with the 35's

and BTW yes i know i have a 2wd... get over it :D

So if you can post some pics of some 33's on a truck that would be about the same height as a 2wd with a 5.5" lift... so a 2wd with 5 or 6 " lift on 33's would work, or like a 4x4 with a 3" lift? im not entirely sure how much more of a lift a 4x4 has... i think its about 2-3 inches yes?

Thanks!

-David

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well Mines pretty much a 5 in the front with the 2 inch leveling kit then I have a 3 inch body kit...with 33 tires so heres approx what it would like if this helps you out any

Attachments

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, looks like im gonna stick with 35's... to me with that much of a lift, 33's looks too small to fill the gap...

Thanks for the pic!

-David

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
That truck indeed looks good, but 35's would make it look Great!!!! Get going David, I think we all are getting tired or reading about this without seeing the results!!!! Lol :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ya I would love to have some 35's but i couldnt afford them...there freaking expensive with the 20's

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That truck indeed looks good, but 35's would make it look Great!!!! Get going David, I think we all are getting tired or reading about this without seeing the results!!!! Lol :D
HAHA!! im not like ANDY and can buy a new truck, buy a new SS trailblazer, new set of 22's and drop kit etc, etc, etc at the drop of a dime LOL!!! im still a youngin in need of dough... itll come around soon enough tho... but i wouldnt hold your breath until about late spring/early summer :(

-David

·
3,401 Posts
Lift it then, get the party started!!!!! Just messing with ya Man, I couldn't resist installing the parts if they were sitting in my room. Heck when my Body Lift arrived I was wrenching on the truck the very next morning. Could've had someone help if I was to wait till that weekend, but just did it myself!!! Lol

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lift it then, get the party started!!!!! Just messing with ya Man, I couldn't resist installing the parts if they were sitting in my room. Heck when my Body Lift arrived I was wrenching on the truck the very next morning. Could've had someone help if I was to wait till that weekend, but just did it myself!!! Lol
HAHA!! Ya, it is kinda driving me nuts, but i was told that JUST the 3" body wont be enough to clear the 35's, so im gonna throw on some 2.5" coil spacers to give it an extra bit in the front, and plus itll level it out... 5.5" i heard is the MIN i would need to clear them, but depending on what i get, i might need to take off the airdam to clear the tires :dunno:

But again, i got my new toy to play with until that lift is on... 456's :rck: :rck:

-David

·
3,401 Posts
How much did you feel with the 4.56s'? I had them installed on my last truck (2WD running 35's) and it didn't help much. Of coarse it was a Ferd!!!

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im still within the break in period, im gonna have matt help me with the diff oil change monday after school, and then i can tell ya if i feel any BIG difference... i already feel that my truck lost a LOT of weight and it accelerates quite easier now :rck:

and with the 4.56's and 35's... i dont know how much its gonna help... but im 100% sure that an LSD with 4.56 gears are going to WAY OUT PERFORME the 3.55 rear end with OPEN diff... but only time will tell...

-David

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you throw the 2.5 coil spacers on ur gonna need new shocks just to let you know....you can get a 2 inch and not need shocks...how much did those 456's cost you to get and put on??

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you throw the 2.5 coil spacers on ur gonna need new shocks just to let you know....you can get a 2 inch and not need shocks...how much did those 456's cost you to get and put on??
YUP! Brian (Slammed1) has me all set up with what i need and when the time comes, ill be lookin to him, which means ill have evrything i need from a pro :rck:

2nd, if i only do a 2" spacer, i will still have a decent rake in the back, AND that would only be a 5" lift and brian said at LEAST a 5.5" to clear the 35's, but 6"+ would keep me from maybe taking off the airdam... so i might have to take that off if i go with the 2.5" and it doesnt barely fit...

3rd i actually got a NEW Auburn LSD put in as well as the 4.56 gears... and since i didnt have bearings... they charged me about 75bux for those if i remember right... so total came out to 513 for the LSD, Gears and buy/install bearings here in Orlando Florida... Im still in my break in period (which SUCKS!!!) but it feels like im now riding in a dakota b/c it feels so light :rck: :rck:

-David

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
hmmm...thats interesting i had heard it was more expensive than that....i might have to look in to that

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill make sure and post an update of the REAL differences i feel... i have been taking it easy for the last 500 or so miles so i have only been over 2500rpms one, and that was only up to about 3k... so once i get the oil changed, and everything all set... Ill REALLY open her up and see whats up!!! :rck: :rck:

-David

·
Registered
77 Posts
I live 25 min from you David and would like to get my gears done. Did you really pay $513 for LSD gears and instalation? If so, where did you get it done?

Thanks, Jody

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey bro... remember its 513 for the INSTALL ONLY! you have to drop another 350+ for LSD and ~200 for the gears and install kit...

I see you live in Palm Coast, so you are actually the opposite direction on where you wanna go... i got them done in orlando, and its a GOOD 2 hour drive from where you are at. But if you are still interested, seeing that they have worked on SEVERAL 3g rams at gear install, here is their information

Advance Driveline
5512 Carder Road
Orlando, Florida 32810
(407) 299-1100

You can mapquest it, or if you want some directions from someone who LIVES near there and has driven there several times, i would PM charles (eatsleepdrivesc) and he can give you more information on directions.

BTW the install itself looks like it came to 385+tax, BUT i guess i didnt have the bearings so they charged me another 100bux for the Bearings... honostly i dont even know what a bearing is :dunno: BUT if you were to buy them and bring them you could definatly get them alot cheaper...

if you need anything else, just let me know :D

-David

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
schawks73,
The breakin period for the gears suck doesn't it? I could not wait till I mashed on the pedal with mine. Just a question why dont you want to go with a complete 6" lift in the front? Me personally I am will be going another inch in the front and one in the rear, for a total of 7" front and 4" rear.

·
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya, the break in period was a SERIOUS PITA!!!

I dont understand... I already have a 3" body lift sitting in my room awaiting to be put on, are you suggesting getting a 3" coil spacer instead of a 2.5" one? or what... i dont know alot about suspension but what would you suggest for an additional 3" in the front added to my 3" body lift? I honostly didnt know they MADE 3" coil spacers... i thought 2.5" was the biggest... since i know that now, ill go for the 3" ones... BTW how are you gonna add another inch overall? im curious...

Thanks bro!

-David

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Yea ADL the gear place is awesome...they get you dont correctly and awesome they will even let you watch and show you how they do their stuff...so david how are the gears after the breakin still waiting

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
schawks73 said:
Ya, the break in period was a SERIOUS PITA!!!

I dont understand... I already have a 3" body lift sitting in my room awaiting to be put on, are you suggesting getting a 3" coil spacer instead of a 2.5" one? or what... i dont know alot about suspension but what would you suggest for an additional 3" in the front added to my 3" body lift? I honostly didnt know they MADE 3" coil spacers... i thought 2.5" was the biggest... since i know that now, ill go for the 3" ones... BTW how are you gonna add another inch overall? im curious...

Thanks bro!

-David
Actually its a 3" spring coil (sorry for not being clear). The only thing is you wont be able to add a spacer on top of the coils or it would cause problems. If I remember correctly what Slammed1 told me the upper a-frames will hit the coil bucket even without them.
But to add the 1" for me since I have 3" coils and the 3" body and still want to be at 7", I am going to have to get rid of the 3" coils (put stock back ones on) and get a set of 3" spindles and a 1" spacer to what I have to make a 7" lift. Or I can buy a 4" spindle and eliminate the spacer, but they are too much and I have a deal going with Slammed1 for my 3" coils, for his rear lift shackles to lift my truck in the rear another inch . But what made me decide to go this route was when Slammed1 had his truck lifted. I knew 6" for me was not enough. You should shoot him a pm and see what he has to say, hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.