Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Right now im in a debate with whether or not i want to run a larger lift or a smaller lift.

The two options im debating on are:
1) Truxxx Lift Keys with a few turns on the TB and maybe 1" blocks in the rear with 33's

or

2) Tough Country 4" Lift 35's or 33's (whichever looks decent in the wheel wells)

So i was wondering if any of you guys with either of these two lifts could post your pics of em. Are there any other inexpensive lifts out there that will give me 2-4" of lift without costing me an arm and a leg? And will i have to regear with 35's or 33's?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your looking for 2-4 you could go with a 3" body lift. Mine will be here in the am. It was like 320.00 from Summit Racing!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the difference between the truxxx keys and the chassis tech keys?

·
MFIC
682 Posts
check out my gallery.. ive got basically the same truck as you. 1.5" torsion crank and 315 BFG's.. a little less expensive than a lift.

you got 3.92?

·
dozerpilot
131 Posts
I'm glad that I went ahead and threw down on a lift. I really think these trucks look sharp on 35s. After spending almost a grand on tires, I wanted to be positive there wouldn't be any clearace issues. If you use your truck offroad, I'd say get the suspension lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the pics so far:

I'm still wondering, if i want to go the cheap route and get keys, blocks, turn the T-bars and new shocks to run either 305's or 315's, what type of blocks do i run in the rear to get the height needed to level out the lift in the front.

Say I get 2" from the keys and get another 1.5" from the cranking. What do i need to do to level out the rear?

Also, if i run 33's or 35's, do i need to think about changing gears? I have the 5.7L hemi, 4x4, limited-slip diff, sport package, can someone tell me what kind of gears i got.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
did you look at my gallery? if you are looking to just level it out, all you gotta do is crank the torsion bars and get is aligned. the 315's fit w/o cranking the bars on mine, but i cranked them anyways to level it out.

Check your window sticker from the truck - it will tell you what gears you have, but id bet they are 3.92, like mine. I did notice a SLIGHT decrease in the get-up-and-go department with the 315's and 3.92 gears, but when you are cruising down the highway and mash on the gas, its the same ole HEMI. :rck:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Just go all out and make it look like this....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
wow!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Russell....I checked out the truck in your Gallery, very nice look! Was the alligator a factory option which I missed or what? That may be the most unique pic on the web site! I've eaten alligator in Louisiana on several occassions, both fried and grilled, very tasty, for whatever that is worth.

Zach

·
MFIC
682 Posts
TexasZach said:
Russell....I checked out the truck in your Gallery, very nice look! Was the alligator a factory option which I missed or what? That may be the most unique pic on the web site! I've eaten alligator in Louisiana on several occassions, both fried and grilled, very tasty, for whatever that is worth.

Zach
that F'er took four of us to get in the boat.. it wasnt easy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Russell....

Only 4 of you to get that gator in the boat? Wow! On another note, all mods here are gathered in the garage, Truxxx keys, RS-9000's and wheels/tires. I'm closed on Monday for the holiday and WILL be either cranking or installing the keys to level out my truck. I'm going to jack up the front end after measuring one last time and see what it will take to get it near level. If the distance is over 1.5", then keys it is, 1.5" or below and mere cranking of the stock system will suffice, in which case someone will have the opportunity to buy my Truxxx keys. Then, after realignment, next week, the Nitto 295's and Weld Sidewinders go on the truck. (they are in the garage too)

I say that to say this, the next mod I do may well be the Air Ram as I haven't found the exact muffler (i.e. good sound, no resonance) to use and retain my single exhaust. Did you order the entire system, with the pan and power wire or just the CAI itself?

Zach

·
Registered
57 Posts
TexasZach,
I see you have a 04 Laramie. It it by chance all wheel drive. Just curiuous because mine is and when I went to crank on the TB I got a vibration.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
i ordered the whole thing.. scoop, PW, AR, Cone.

BTW, post some pics of your truck when you are done!

·
Registered
302 Posts
NJHemi2... Love those heated seats in the Laramie! No, I don't have the full time 4 wheel option, didn't want it and passed on several Laramie's that had it for one reason, fuel mileage is poor enough with a Hemi and my lead filled right foot.

Russell.... I do plan on posting some pics, can't wait to finish this project up!

·
MFIC
682 Posts
where the pics be!?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I just got my 305/70R17s (34x12.5x17) on today. I simply cranked the factory bars, got 2.5" on either side. No rubbing issues and I think it looks really good. I will have to get some longer shocks in front, Ive hit a couple bumps and my right front will bottom out on big ones. The ride is still the same as stock as far as my butt meter can tell.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
04 Ram-

That is basically the exact look i am looking for. Where did you get those tires and for how much? Do they ride alright? Noisy? Fast tread wear? Let me know whats up, i am planning on doing the exact same thing you did.

Also, if i install keys and crank the TB's a little bit, could i possibly get 3" and end up lifting the rear with a 1" or 2" block? Just wondering if i can basically get 4" of lift without getting a kit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.