Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody shoot wheeling steer. Tahnks

Is owners manual somewhere for download?

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Wheeling steer? or Steering Wheel.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read your signature about your english.:ugh What do ya need to know?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I mean steering wheel.

I need to know which buttons are at steering wheel or photo of steering wheel and if is somewhere on internet Owners manual for download. I want to know how cruise control works.

On Dodge durango 1gen

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He waiting for me.

Attachments

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
AWESOME!! cool color!!:cool:here ya go. Is this what you wanted?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is what I want. Thank you very much. :worthy:

For what is button "coast" ?

And I still looking for Owners manual.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
You're welcome! Honestly, I have owned my Durango since 2003 and had never used the cruise control. I don't do much high way driving. LOL!:D

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
"Coast" basically stops the cruise, and will kick it back to the speed you are at once released. Its hard to describe, buts its kinda like coasting on a bike. You are not pedaling, so your speed slowly decreases.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so coast is for braking with engine, no brakes?

I ussualy use only button set, cancel and resume.
Once I found owner manual online, but now I cant looking for it.:SPIN:

Durango and other big cars/trucks are beautiful. I love him.
In my country ride small cars with small engines. Mostly from 1300ccm to 2000ccm but olso 800ccm.

When I come first time to Canada I was wondering. Drive Durango is like driving tank for me. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Coast" basically stops the cruise, and will kick it back to the speed you are at once released. Its hard to describe, buts its kinda like coasting on a bike. You are not pedaling, so your speed slowly decreases.
your Durango is awesome :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

·
Registered
77 Posts
On the left side:
"Cruise On/Off" button - turns on the cruise control with the "Cruise On/Off" button.
"Set" botton - when you reach the speed you want, press this to lock in the speed.
On the right side:
"Cancel" button - stops the cruisecontrol temporarily. Tap the brake with your foot does the same thing.
"Accel/Resume" button - restarts the cruise at the speed you originally set. Also, if you are already using the cruise, press this button once to increase your speed my 2 mph.
If you hold it down, you will keep accellerating.
"Coast" button - tap once to decrease speed by 1 mph. Hold down will keep slowing down until you let go.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
so coast is for braking with engine, no brakes?

I ussualy use only button set, cancel and resume.
Once I found owner manual online, but now I cant looking for it.:SPIN:

Durango and other big cars/trucks are beautiful. I love him.
In my country ride small cars with small engines. Mostly from 1300ccm to 2000ccm but olso 800ccm.

When I come first time to Canada I was wondering. Drive Durango is like driving tank for me. :D
I rarely use coast. I prefer to use a cancel button to stop cruise. You can also tap the brake pedal to cancel the cruise but this flashes the brake lights, as mentioned in an earlier post.

Still, I wouldn't compare it to a tank, but whatever works I suppose. A friend of mine came overseas for two weeks from the UK and thought minivans were minibuses as they're similar in size. He didn't say much about my Durango.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
Thanks for answer.

SLT, R/T what does mean?

Can I buy new emblem SLT? Mine is broken.
Those are trim levels. Every manufacturer is different. SLT and SLT+ (on the side door still says 'SLT'), and R/T.

SLT = Super Luxury Touring
SLT+ = Super Luxury Touring Plus
R/T = Road & Track

You can check out Ebay for good deals on replacing lettering/badges. Dealer will want a premium price for them. Or, you can take them off altogether and not replace them, which is known as "de-badge", for a smooth, cleaner look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought diference between SLT and R/T is

- my SLT have transmission 2hi, 4part time, 4full-time, 4lo
- I saw only 4hi and lo in some durango

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Welcome to the group and good luck with your truck. Nice color, very rare!
I use COAST when traffic ahead is slowing down a little. I let go when new speed is slow enough.
R/T has 4 hi/lo, it is an option for SLT

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
I thought diference between SLT and R/T is

- my SLT have transmission 2hi, 4part time, 4full-time, 4lo
- I saw only 4hi and lo in some durango
You only asked for what the trim levels mean, not what distinguished them, but anyway: Each trim level has it's own standard equipment and optional equipment of course. A 2wd option was offered on the transfer case in all but the R/T models. The 98-99 models had a 2wd AND a 4FT transfer case, no R/T was offered until '00. 00+ models didn't have full time 4wd on the transfer case, it was a part time unit, which is 2HI, 4HI, N, and 4LO (NV231, I believe). The full time transfer case (NV244) has 4HI, 4WD, 4LO, and N.

You can drive on the road in 4full-time, without worry about axle binding. This is my transfer case of choice, mainly because it has the most options. At times I'd love to have a 2wd option, but on the other end, I got the R/T at a great price back in '04, and full-time AWD was better for my wife, as you know, or you'll soon find out, Ontario weather can change very fast. It was a better piece-of-mind choice, as well as a good bargain at the time.

The R/T also came standard with the towing package, two-tone leather interior, 17x9 alloy wheels - 01+ models were chrome plated, heated seats. Most of what was optional on the SLT+ was standard in the R/T package.

If you have an owners manual it's best to read/consult on how to use the different drive options before you go ahead and use them, just to save yourself some problems down the road. You don't want to drive on a hard surface in 4HI lock or 4LO lock, as it can bind the axles and cause damage. 4FT or AWD, allows the axles to move at the same speed on any surface. Hope that clears things up a bit!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need interpreter :help: . . . :D

I still havent Owners manual.

I answer when I translate it. Its too long for me. But thank you.

BTW: we have +6-7 hours in there (Czech):SPIN:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok if I read well.

SLT haven´t locking differencial and R/T have?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.