DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be Ideal for a performance suspension on our trucks while keeping street ability ? I would like a mix of handling and drag performance leaning more to the drag side. I still wanna corner decent but I will not be blasting through turns so I'm not to picky, also the truck is my DD so I dont want anything to crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I plan on getting cal-tracs and rear sway bar and going down to a 4/6 drop. What shocks would be best? And is there anything else I can do to help with weight transfer and grip?

·
HEMI
154 Posts
Well I plan on getting cal-tracs and rear sway bar and going down to a 4/6 drop. What shocks would be best? And is there anything else I can do to help with weight transfer and grip?
I want to know about the shocks too. My truck rides like a dump truck. I had the Belltech street performance and the nitro drops.

·
Red Trucker
1,831 Posts
03 Ram 1500 RC 2wd Hemi it already has a 2/4.5 drop
Ok, so basically mine with a drop. I didn't want to lower it that much, so I put SRT-10 reg cab front coil springs up front and drop shackles out back with a plan for a rear sway bar. With 305's this is a well handling setup and handles better than some cars I've driven. If you want good drag strip weight transfer, you have to give up firmness up front for handling. Softer springs and shocks allow the front end to come up faster to shaft that weight back. One thing that might help you is disconnecting the front sway bar at the track.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..QA1 adjustable shocks...expensive but worth it on drops both on the street and strip... my next setup...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will the QA1s work on a 4/6 drop?

-4/6 drop
-QA1 adjustable shocks
-Cal-tracs
-Rear sway bar
-Front sway bar(removed at the track for better weight transfer)
-Energy suspenions leaf spring bushings
-Energy suspenions front control arm bushings
-Energy suspenions steering rack bushings
-Energy suspenions front sway bar bushings
-Energy suspenions rear sway bar bushings

All the Energy suspenions stuff is from JTSVP it says its for 04/05 but it should work on an 03 right?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
you just have to find the correct length...get the compressed and extended dimensions of a 4/6 shock and call or check qa1's site i think...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.