Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 5.2lt 2wd

I got one of those performance programmers and tuned my truck for performance on 91 octane. It seemed to run fine for months (actually, off and on it was fine for years). Yesterday, out of the blue, my truck wouldn't start. It would turn fine over but not fire up. I could hear the fuel pump spinning. I checked the spark (screw driver next to engine block) and it seemed to have NO spark. I went to check for codes. No codes stored. While I had the device hooked up I decided to return it to stock programming just in case I needed to tow the truck to a mechanic for repairs. Once back to stock, the truck fired up with ease. Is it possible a performance program could become corrupted somehow? Or, was it just a coincidence the truck started and it's probable the "no start" issue will be intermittent and likely to reoccur?

I know many of you guys know more about these trucks than Dodge itself. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
try to reload the chip tune

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I entertain courses of action I’d prefer to know more about the causes. I’m having a difficult time trusting the vehicle until I know what’s happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.