DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BigMi
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i save up for first? I've heard that a good cold air intake is a good investment. Since i've been researching im goin to save up more for performance then for looks.

What you guys think? Suggestions will be helpfull.
Thx

·
Redneck Yankee
2,509 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I can't decide which to save up for. Rims or SCT tune. If I get the rims I might be able to afford a set of 1.7 rr too.

About the CAI, get an open air cleaner. It cheaper and the gains are better from what the guys who had both have said. This thread is a great one for air cleaner info.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128055&highlight=k&n+fipk
The one I have was only about $20-$30. I can't remember exactly but it's way cheaper than a CAI. Pics of it are in my gallery.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i know alot might not agree with me, but i say do some minor basic performance mods first. then go all out on looks, and make it look pimp as shit, then go back to performance and work on that till your happy with it , if thats what your into.. myself i did that exactly.. i got exhaust, intake power wire, scoop, 4.56 gears and a true trac. then i got rims, bed cover, drop, relocated tailgate handle and some other minor stuff to the body. and im way more happy when i got the looks part done. but thats just me. im not into racing the shit out of my truck. i just want it to have a little extra get up and go.. but if your more into racing and performance then by all means ... go all out on performance first. :rck:

·
Registered
345 Posts
wirenutt1969 said:
I'm having the same issue. I can't decide which to save up for. Rims or SCT tune. If I get the rims I might be able to afford a set of 1.7 rr too.

About the CAI, get an open air cleaner. It cheaper and the gains are better from what the guys who had both have said. This thread is a great one for air cleaner info.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128055&highlight=k&n+fipk
The one I have was only about $20-$30. I can't remember exactly but it's way cheaper than a CAI. Pics of it are in my gallery.
and for you i would say GET THE RIMS IF YOU CAN... YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!! look in my gallery of my before and after pics. you just cant get rims every day, so if you can. GET EM!!!!!!!! you can always add cheaper items one at a time

·
BigMi
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Ho i saw in your sig the spectra CAI. I've seen that b4 on the AirRam site. Was there any change in performance. It is cheap only like $123 for 5.9l
Thx

·
Registered
441 Posts
BIG HO said:
do some minor basic performance mods first. then go all out on looks, and make it look pimp as shit, then go back to performance and work on that till your happy with it
^^^i couldn't agree more^^^

your truck might be fast but it needs to look good doing it or it aint shi :D .
just my 2cents

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
^ I'm the polar opposite :D
I made mine fast first and am just now getting a chance to make it look nice.
There is nothing more gratifying than stomping a nice shiny late model truck in a red light race with my old white mud covered Ram.
Gives a new meaning to the term 'sleeper' as people don't usually equate work truck with performance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
milesdude1 said:
Big Ho i saw in your sig the spectra CAI. I've seen that b4 on the AirRam site. Was there any change in performance. It is cheap only like $123 for 5.9l
Thx

i am very happy with the intake. i noticed i BIG difference in throttle responce through out the whole rpm range, just feels alot more peppy for sure, but i do also have exhaust. very nice intake... well worth the money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.