DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 04 QuadCab 4x4 Dakota for about 2 years now and put 38k miles on it (bought it nearly new w/ only 1500 miles on it). I've added alot of weight to it over the years... 12K MileMarker Winch + Warn Winch Bumper Kit, Line-X'd Bed, Camper Shell, 32" BFG MT Tires and a ton of electronics for my nav system..

I've been wanting to get more power for a long time, but I can't come up with a good plan. The issue is, I really like how quiet the truck is most of the time and I enjoy how comfortable it is.

I tried adding a K&N FIPK at one point and took it off within 2 hours because it was so damn loud just driving around town. I don't mind if the thing is loud when I floor it -- but for daily driving, I dont want to put up with the obscene noise that that FIPK kit creates.

I did add a Jet computer chip... and that seemed to help a little bit, but not a whole lot. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do...

Any suggestions?

(I looked into the super charger seriously, but its just too noisy for daily driving...)

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, reasonable cost and in my opinion a noticeable difference would be the power wire from www.airram.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how well that would interact with my jet chip... but its a possibility if I decide to get rid of the Jet chip.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You could always go with the Fastman TB. I didn't notice an increase in noise level when I got mine and it is reasonable! With out a little increase in noise, like an exhaust system I don't think you are going to get much cheep. On the more pricey side, you could change your cams to the 206's that alot of people have and rant about how great they are. Goto the Fastman's site and email him, he can help you come up with something.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You need gears, cams, and bigger TB. With all that weight you definately need some lower gears, but it won't be cheap. If Superchips ever produces a controller for your year model, get it.

Hope that helps ya...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it is on a sticker inside the glove box.

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
You either have 3.55's or 3.92's. If you have a lsd, you may have 3.92's and could stay with them. But you most likely have the 3.55, which is a turd for gears.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.