DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a cat-back on my D, any suggestions? I lean towards a Gibson, Corsa or Borla. Don't wan't it to loud just to get a bit more power, noise is already coming enough from my CAI.
SS System is preferable.

If any of you has some good expierience with one of the systems let me know.

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
i did the aeroturbine route and i think its well worth it... best sounding exhaust i have heard on a durango yet

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
this is the info on the muffler. it is not available as a full kit for any vehicle. just weld in place of factory muffler... but its well worth it. if you were here in texas i would meet up with you so you can hear it yourself. i installed my aeroturbine3030 were my factory resonator was and put a straight pipe where the factory muffler was. and the sound is incredible. it really makes people turn to see where the sound is coming from. i have people chase me down to find out what i am running.... this muffler is really popular with the hemi ram guys
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aero_turbine_3030.html

here is a link to some sound clips:
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/seehear.html?search=y

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just installed a Gibson cat-back last week. I love it, finally hear the HEMI. And wife says it's not too loud for here either. I had the old one out and new one it within an hour.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would you happen to have a good picture of the tail pipe? What Gibson has on their site does not show much. The Gibson is my preference at this point.

Tks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll get you a pic asap. PM me if you want a great price.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer, since I'm up north shipping, customs, etc. becomes an issue. If anyone knows of a Canadian dealer would be apreciated. The only place I found is out of stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
its loud but not overly load and annoying... but to each his own. my kids arent bothered with the loudness either

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you install the AT3030 yourself? Is this a bolt on or welded system? On their web site they show some guys welding them in.

Thanks.

·
Project Dreamsicle
1,828 Posts
i took it to a muffler shop to have it welded on for less than 50 including the pipe to put in place of the factory muffler, also when i bought my muffler i also bought the AT3040 exhaust tip for the finishing touch. with the Voilant CAI the d truely sounds very impressive. i am truely happy with the quality of aeroturbine products. i will be taking pics of the d in the morning once i get the wash and wax done so i will post the exhaust setup pics for you to get an idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just ordered a CORSA System today, send pics once I have everything installed.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have had the Flowmaster American Thunder system that was designed for the 5.7 Durango on my D for about 1 1/2 years w/ no problems...i got it fully welded on at a local muffler shop...it has the 70 Series Big Block II muffler in the kit... S/I D/O...sweet setup for sure...

·
Chief's Pride!!!
2,497 Posts
I cut my resonator off myself and went to a muffler shop in Va Bch and had them weld a straight pipe with a bad ass stainless steel tip for under $50.00 and it sounds great, not to loud at all, now it sounds like a HEMI! Also looks great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.