it did for me, but you gain more power if u have other mods, like a CAI

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Cool Air Intake...

·
Registered
102 Posts
WHat can you recommend i purchase for my truck?

·
The Danger Dodge
339 Posts
50 dollar cold air intake (EBAY) is just as good as any other..or It seems to be anyways.. Everyone here has one.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
getting one thats not made of aluminum will give you an edge over a run of the mill intake, like a volant intake or one of the newer style K&N setups, a throttle body will help out too, and move ur IAT sensor to the intake tube to get an accurate reading on ur fuel, a 180 stat, a good set of headers and a good exhaust system will compliment a programmer very well

·
Registered
114 Posts
u can spend $1500 into your engine and only feel a slight difference. best bet is to get new gear ratios in the rear end. but you would also need to change the front ones if u have a 4x4, look to spend from $1500-2000. You'll feel as if you got another 100 horses.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
hot2k1ram said:
getting one thats not made of aluminum will give you an edge over a run of the mill intake, like a volant intake or one of the newer style K&N setups, a throttle body will help out too, and move ur IAT sensor to the intake tube to get an accurate reading on ur fuel, a 180 stat, a good set of headers and a good exhaust system will compliment a programmer very well
Why is it slightly better to get one that's not made of aluminum? I'm assuming it's because of conducting heat. Just curious because I will be making one for my V10 soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
pnamkeezie14,

I have a 2x4 not a 4x4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
u can just change out the rear gear ratio

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Big Joe SS/T said:
i have a volant and tis not worth the money. Get a cheap intake or even a carburator style one. The volant is useless and so is the k&n.
I couldn't disagree more. I have the K&N FIPK, and it is awesome. I used to have an airaid, which is about the equivilant to a cheap eBay one, and the filter was located so all it did was suck in hot air off the exhaust. The K&N has it's own heat shield, and places the filter right up by the grill were it pulls in cold air coming in the front. It was a very good mod in my opinion. CAI's are even better if you have other mods to go with (i.e. bored out TB and free flow exhaust).

Some of the ram air setups are supposed to be pretty good too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.