DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just this week I got a 1998 Caravan 3.0 and well needless to say needs a good tune up and well my currant issue is the PCV valve. Well so far I located what I believe to be the valve on the back valve cover.. but from the replacement part I got it seems to be threaded in? How do i get in there. Do I actually have to move the alt out of the way to get to it? Also is the best time to get at the back 3 spark plugs? Also does this site have a search option and if so where is the button for it.

Anyways I had a grand am for the last 6 years and have done some pretty big jobs on it so hopefully I can help some people out here in time once I learn about the Caravan. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
PCV valve should be in the rear of the intake manifold, with a hose running to the front valve cover. At least, that is how it is on my 97 Caravan 3.0L. It threads into the manifold.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Ive now found it out.. its not exactly how I see it in the Haynes manual but that the rubber hose is connected to the front valve cover and runs to the PCV valve and which is unter the throttle body on the intake manifold. Well on my 94 Pontiac grand am it was a push in valve cover type that was right in the front so it was a bit for me to find. Thanks guys for the feedback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.