DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had alt tested and it was ok, all wireing was ok my engine light came on and the trans was not shifting due to it.

I had a 5.2 pcm my d has a 5.9 put it in and all works like it should, as far as i can tell... is there any milage increases or decreases performance issues ect that i should be aware of?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
drove it for about 100 miles between yesterday and today so far all i can see is some performance loss. gas milage is about the same....would a superchips programer help or does it need a reflash due to pcm beeing from a 5.2

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I've been on a lot of Dodge forums for 8+ years and off hand I can't say I've seen anyone swap between 5.2 and 5.9 PCMs. The sensors are the same so the PCM can't tell which engine it is connected to but the fuel curves and someother things can't be the same. That will affect performance and how it runs. I'd contact B&G Chrysler. Why didn't you get the correct PCM?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Paul:

Uh, are ya sayin that ya swaped/upgraded from a 5.2 to a 5.9? :huh:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what happened was i was kinda stuck with out a vehicle this thanksgiving , ( other car was beeing painted ) i thought my altenator was bad turns out alt was good pcm was bad.
mine is a original 5.9 btw
we happened to have a d with a 5.2 that was wrecked, so i figured i would try it and see if it charged which it did . I was surpised it even started It ran well with no noticable power loss i can tell, and i was able to eat dinner with the family. So should i have my pcm fixed or can this one be reprogramed for my engine?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hey Paul:

Figured it was sumpthin like that. Sorry, don't know the answer. It's well beyond my limited range of knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.