DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did the PCM fuse reset and now my ABS and brake light are on. Will these reset after some driving or did I screw something up?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Year? Dodge Ram? 5.7? 2wd? 4x4? 4 wheel ABS, 2 wheel ABS, more details on what exactly happened prior? Usually a PCM reset will not set off ABS Brake but the ABS sensor will. Simply put the more info you can give the more you will get out of these threads.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 dodge ram 1500 5.7L 4x4. Just had transmission service completed and figured id reset PCM to re-learn shift points and also had CEL on due to small evap leak. Pulled PCM fuse #23 turned key to on position and got the three chimes. Removed key, inserted fuse and started vehicle. Now ABS and brake lights are on. Have not tried to drive vehicle yet.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
If you only have rear ABS usually the culprit for ABS Brake light is the sensor located in the top of the rear differential, it is a magnet and sometimes that magnet gets too much crud sticking to it, not hard to clean or replace. If you have 4 wheel ABS then you have sensors on each front wheel to check as well. Since you pulled the pcm fuse I'd check others to make sure you didn't bump or blow a fuse.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the ABS fuse and everything looked fine so I took it for a drive and after I went about 20 feet the lights went off and never came back on. Trucks driving great.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
98dodgewv. My 03 always does this if I pull the fuse method of re-setting the PCM.
Driving 20 or so feet in either forward or reverse, always clease the abs checklight.
For some reson though when I do the cold re-set ie, the battery disconnect method. It never happens.

Al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.