Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fella's

Looking for help on figuring out which flash update I should have for my 01 2500 4X4 360 Gas 4.11 Rear. I took it to my Canadian Dodge dealer with the problem of pinging and trans shift issues. They reflashed with P/N 56028550DD no more pinging and the trans problem was internal, but now the truck is an absolute dog I mean LAZY. Fuel mileage is about 7.5 mpg The truck has the largest fuel tank Dodge puts in the gas models checked this on the build sheet. Takes about $120.00 CDN dollars to fill. The mileage is what is killing me I can kinda deal with the poor power but not both. Any help would be great and I sure could use it fast, my bank account gets smaller by the mile.

Thanks

Dave B

·
Registered
121 Posts
B&G has a flash for either fuel economy or performance on stock trucks. I think they're like $350 though.

www.bgperformancepcm.com/

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
You got the death flash my friend. Should NEVER let a dealer software update your pcm. Go with a bg flash like stated above. Haven't heard anything but good things about them.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
I tried a B&G flash to fire up my 408. Removed it pretty well right away. There was nothing in the computer but fuel and timing trims and ac diagnostics. No engine diagnostics. When I first fired it up of course I got a CEL and when I tried the 3x key on method to see what it said, it did not go into diagnostics mode.
Trying to set the sync signal for timing the injectors I went to my parts suppliers shop and hooking the Snap On scan tool to it there was nothing there. Only ac related menues. I had to put put another computer in to set up the sync signal.

Could solve your mpg/power issues but cause even more grief down the road if you have a CEL come up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.