DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am curious if you guys have experienced this. I am really just wondering what consequential damage (if any) may have resulted, and how my magnum will perform now that I am getting a new PCM.

CEL came on right after getting gas, thought maybe the cap wasn't tight enough--so tightened it and after its internal tests after 4 or 5 starts light went off. 1 week later, light on again. Took it in for them to read the code this time and it showed code 3 misfire. But, when checking the plugs and valves, they were fine and they said it was the PCM. Any Ideas? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the suggestion, but no it was just 1/2 full. The tech has now replaced the pcm and the same code has appeared. tested the fuel injection, and they are doing an induction tomorrow. He said it was only spraying 1/2 way. I hope he is right. So far I have replaced the fuel pump, battery, alignment for frequent pulling to the right, now this. on 24 K. I am sad. I am hanging on until my 3 yr. 36K though---I love this car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I take it you have a 3.5 liter engine. There has been a problem with misfire faults on these engines. There is a new (TSB# 09-010-06) out for misfire problems. It involves replacing the exhaust valve keepers, rotating valves 90 degrees and fuel system treatment. Give the dealer the TSB # and them do this to your car. Should fix your problem.

good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my gosh, thank so much. I will call them in the am. although---i have the 2.7 engine. maybe it still applies. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry if you have a 2.7L engine that TSB does not work for this engine. 3.5L only. You may have a bad fuel injector?? Keep me posted and let us know what fixes it.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.