DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sorry to inform you but.....this kit has already been out for a while. I've already installed it. I strongly recomend to anyone who is going to attempt at installing this kit to IMMEDIATLY throw the "book of lies" right out the window. Thats what I have dubbed my manual from Paxton. I was very dissapointed in there manual. But the kits good itself no doubt about it. Also I forgot to add this kit works fine, GREAT even but expect to replace your lower radiator hose due to s/c belt rubbage. This is becuase the kit is actually a 2001 kit but it works on the 02's with minor changes like so.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GOT RAM said:
Sorry to inform you but.....this kit has already been out for a while. I've already installed it. I strongly recomend to anyone who is going to attempt at installing this kit to IMMEDIATLY throw the "book of lies" right out the window. Thats what I have dubbed my manual from Paxton. I was very dissapointed in there manual. But the kits good itself no doubt about it. Also I forgot to add this kit works fine, GREAT even but expect to replace your lower radiator hose due to s/c belt rubbage. This is becuase the kit is actually a 2001 kit but it works on the 02's with minor changes like so.

I figured, So if I buy a 2001 kit, I can install it on my truck?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yup. I'd contact paxton first though. becuase the piggy back ECU is burned for an 02 Dodge so your not throwing odd codes. But you really,really,really need to get that ecu box and the 2 additional injectors tuned ASAP after the install to add more fuel. I had to add gobs and gobs of fuel. Under boost i'm at 60 some lbs on fuel psi and I had to pull a total of 7 degrees of timing out to avoid pre-ignition. I wrecked my truck 2 months ago and it's just sitting now but. since it had to be repaired I'm also replacing pistons at the same time. just another recommendation to save yourself money in the long run.

·
Registered
362 Posts
GOT RAM said:
I had to add gobs and gobs of fuel. Under boost i'm at 60 some lbs on fuel psi and I had to pull a total of 7 degrees of timing out to avoid pre-ignition.
Do you still have the stock intake manifold? Probably have a blown bellypan gasket and don't know it yet. I had to pull alot of timing on mine, it ran way FAT and was still pinging. Pulled the stock keg a to instal a M-1 and noticed that the gasket was pushed out in 3 places.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Damn. I blew both headgaskets about 2 hours after the install, I never thought of the intake gasket.But all those were replaced when my engine was tore down. the intake manifold is still stock. If anyone else decides to do the install their supercharger as well don't forget to remove the shrader valve in the fuel rail. It's the "small things" like that are quiet detrimental to the life of your engine and blower that the "instruction booklet" leaves out. Thanks for the heads up Lew!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.