DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my D has an issue with the passenger airbag light coming on when I have disconnected the battery for any amount of time. Any time this has happened in the past, I took it into the dealer and they did a reset procedure and all was well. This morning I had to replace my battery and when I started her up, the "passenger airbag off" light came on and the airbag error light in the dash came on AGAIN! I tried to restart a couple of times, but as in the past, it didn't work.

The problem is that now my D is off warranty and I'm worried that they're going to charge me to reset the passenger airbag at the dealership. Anyone know a way around this?

· Registered
13,585 Posts
There is a weight sensor in the seat. I have seen a post before where the sensor has been recalibrated, but that also has to be done by the dealer.

· Registered
55 Posts
After I picked my DD in for the dash recall I started having the same problem. About every 3 or 4 times I started the DD the airbag light would stay on. Restarting would fix it. Took it back several times and they recalibrated the sensor, but didn't fix the problem. They ended up replacing the "OCM (Occupant Classification Module)" which fixed it. $420. Ouch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.