DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or when you go to a store do you park the truck far away from everybody.. Ive always had decent cars and its become habit and with the truck its much bigger to get in these little spots . Do you get the look from the wife like there is 100 spots closer , she says why you parking all the way over here, this usually leads to an argument and then i simply reply cause you need the exercise ,, DOH!!!! they just dont understand haha :D

· Registered
1,044 Posts
My friend does that and it drives me crazy! It is kind of a big joke now whenever we go somewhere together ... he parks in the farthest spot possible. Personally, I park in the closest spot I can find ... the only thing I avoid is parking next to a POS that obviously the owner doesn't care about.

· Registered
175 Posts
I park in the furthest spot also. My wife used to hate it but has gotten used to the idea. I will park close if I can find a spot that is right next to a curb. I will make the tire almost touch the curb so I have plenty of room on the other side of the truck.

I didn't pay good money for a vehicle with door dings.

Dan

· Registered
2,832 Posts
I try to park as far away as I can, and when I'm by myself, I always do. But my fiancee hates it when I do that. I usually just drop her off at the door so I can. Or, I try to find a curb spot like Daytona.

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I've been doin that for a while now and it definitely drives the wife crazy, but I use the exercise line all the time too. So far I've had my '02 for over 3 years and no dings yet (knock on wood).

I learned though that you have to strategically park too, you can't just go to the farthest spot. Go too far and in the wrong spot a shopping cart can gain ALOT of speed! I've seen that happen alot, luckily not with my own truck though :D

Of course I also park next to another Ram whenever I see one!

· Registered
390 Posts
i park away from people period. My family is used to it, more time to talk to them while we walk anyways..... a little extra family time never hurts. I used to hate parking in clutter lots and MFs scratching and dinging my ride, seem like stuff always finds its way to your door

· Investigator
1,088 Posts
DeputyRAM said:
Personally, I park in the closest spot I can find ... the only thing I avoid is parking next to a POS that obviously the owner doesn't care about.
just remember the car you park next to may be a POS when you come out. the biggest prob I see isnt necessarily owners not caring about their ride.. its little [email protected] rat [email protected]@rd kids that let doors pop all the way open. :VHOT: parking away from everyone is the only way to avoid door dings.

· Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, I park away from people also. The wife doesn't mind a bit. Besides that, I love watching lazy people circle a parking lot ten times to get a close spot.

· Registered
390 Posts
Besides that, I love watching lazy people circle a parking lot ten times to get a close spot.
ha ha ha...true :thatfunny

· Registered
108 Posts
The last time I parked up close to the store door, some stupid 80 year old woman who was hooked to an oxygen tank let her door fly open and it put a big azz ding in my truck. The best part was, was that I was standing their waiting for my wife to get out of the truck when it happened. Needless to say I cussed that old lady out so bad I thought she was going to have a heart attack. People over 70 shouldnt be driving anyway. Especially the one's hooked to a damn oxygen tank.

· Registered
262 Posts
Same here. Yu will get your vehicle dented if you park next to people. Its going to happen sooner or later. Some people just don't care or pay attention. My girlfriend used to laugh but now she realizes, and I have also gotten her into the habit of not walking through the center of the car parking spots on the way back to the truck, because even if you can't really see you are walking through some oil. She kinda looked at me funny at first, but I said that we wouldn't walk in our home carpet with oil on our feet.

I was at a club last weekend, when we were leaving and walking through the parking lot, a girl and a guy in a car were backing out, and backed right into a nice BMW, putting a big crack in the bumber. They got out and looked, as people were walking by said to them leave a note on their windshield, but after seeing the damage got back in the car and left. I stopped where I was and bent down to tie my shoe, so when they backed out I could get their lisence plate number, left a note for the guy myself with their info. People, I swear.

· MFIC
675 Posts
I always park far away. Its either hugging a curb far away or double parking far away.

· Hibernating
3,636 Posts
*sigh* i love my side mouldings....had them on my last ram and just put them on my new one. Black mouldings on black paint blends in nicely and protects.

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
yea..I park far away too...unless my best friend is with me...he's disabled so we get to parkup front in the blue parking with big a$$ spaces in between...

· Registered
229 Posts
I do the same thing....well, most of the time.

I'm used to driving a smaller truck - so this extra width is a little bit intimidating. I'm getting used to it though (slowly).

But yeah...park pretty far away and make sure there's an empty spot on both sides if I can.

In most cases, I'll *pull through* a spot so I don't have to back up.

I tell ya what...that passenger side mirror messes me up!! Objects in mirror are FARTHER away than they appear!!

You just can't maneuver (sp?) these things around like you can with most vehicles.

· Registered
562 Posts
Far away, against a curb if possible, uphill from shopping cart kill zone, never near a garbage can where the shithawks (gulls) usually hang out and crap on the paint, and never taking up two spots - that got me keyed on a previous vehicle once.

Oh yeah, my wife's as picky as I am and she'd :nutkick: me if I parked any different.

Oh yeah, when it's raining, guess who gets dropped off and guess who parks the rig? :D

· The Legendary Cross Ram
3,730 Posts
RammingDodge said:
I try to park as far away as I can, and when I'm by myself, I always do. But my fiancee hates it when I do that. I usually just drop her off at the door so I can. Or, I try to find a curb spot like Daytona.
Tell her to shut up and walk. You'll be living with each other for years to come, why not break the ice now? :D

· Shark Hunter
7,273 Posts
Motohead said:
I stopped where I was and bent down to tie my shoe, so when they backed out I could get their lisence plate number, left a note for the guy myself with their info. People, I swear.
Good on you, hope they could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident with damage without exchanging details.
My doctor, who is a total fitness headcase, runs marathons, gave me the perfect line for parking far away.
In this age of convenience everything you must take every chance to take every piece of exercise you can and the walk across a parking lot counts.
So I have to park far away. Doctors orders.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.