DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me out with a parking light issue? I have a 97 1500 4x4 and the only way I can get the parking lights to turn off is taking the fuse out

·
Registered
393 Posts
bad switch

·
Just Call Me Oz
2,844 Posts
If you have trailer wiring I would start there for broken wire.

·
Registered
827 Posts
if you're correct about it being a 97 and the park lights.....meaning the taillights,front corner markers, plate lights, and instrument panel remain on........the fuse you are pulling is #18???....a 15 amp fuse in the dash fuse box............pulling that makes all exterior lights go out?????.....if yes.....from an alldata diagram.....the only place the circuit could be bad is the headlight switch itself but more likely the connector at the swich........somewhat easy to check.........with the lights on, UNPLUG the switch.......are the lights still on?????.......i'm guessing they are.......i'm also guessing that the pink wire with red stripe is melted and coming in contact with a black wire with yellow stripe........usually inside tha connector itself or within inches..........that's one of the reasons manufactures don't use power fed lighting switches too often anymore........power fed switches must be more durable as they create alot more heat than a ground controlled switch.............just my thoughts........assuming your info is correct and you're pulling that fuse.......from the diagram, that's the only place it will be..............those two wires MUST be touching somewhere coming up the column and going back down............good luck............if you need a diagram i can help....let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, Thanks alot you got me in the right area just the wrong end. It was at the fuse block end. Thanks a bunch!!! Just knowing which wires to look for was a real big help.
Thanks again, Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.