DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm not exactly sure what is going on so I'll just go through what happened...

yesterday i had a call out at the airport that I work at, one of my airplanes caught fire on the runway. No I don't work for an airline, no one was injured, and it really isn't as bad as it seems. I've been doing this for 10 years and seen much worse. Anyways I had to activate my light bar on my Dodge Ram 2500 01' to head out the runway. All the lights worked fine on my truck then. We recovered the plane, towed it back to the hanger and I turned my truck off, however I left all the lights on. I drove back to the office, without the lights on this time. And 1 hour later when I was getting in my truck to get home, I turned on the headlights, and my panel lights did not work, nor did my parking lights. all my turn signals worked, and brake lights. I checked all the cluster fuses and found none of them blown, and the hazards with the same result. Now here is the weird thing, The headlights work both high and low, but as soon as I move the headlight knob to the parking light the fog light indicator light in the cab comes on, but when I try to turn on the fog lights, the indicator light goes out. All I can say is now I'm really lost. Has anyone had this problem, or any ideas as to what the problem could be?

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
Are you sure you're not trying to run the fogs when the high beems are on ? They're not wired to run this way from the factory. Also, check the fuses & relays under the hood and make sure they're all kosher.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved, I got the headlight switch to replace the old one. However that didn't work, i found a unmarked 15amp fuse in the engine compartment that fixed it. Next time I'll look harder, but thanks for the help anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.