DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Months ago I was releasing my parking break (2001 Durango) with the release handle and something “snapped”. Afterwards, the parking brake still functions, but the release handle will not “return“ to it’s fully retracted position. It hangs down a little lower than normal and less force is needed to release the parking brake.

I found a portion of a metal piece on the floor and assume this is part of what broke (photo below). I’m hoping someone can let me know if this specific part is replaceable. I’ve taken a look at the drawings for these parts and don’t see anything that jumps out as the part I need.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, the release lever is now hanging down lower however the E-brake will release with less force than before. However, I didn't find any metal parts like that shown in the photo.

I am thinking there is some kind of spring that keeps the lever pulled up to be even with the dash that may have broke because the E-brake still functions as intended, just that the plastic lever part hangs down and will not snap up like before.

Did the OP find a solution? Thanks for any help with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts