DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to write this to the fellow Mag owners as you all would understand it. This past weekend, my 6 year old son and I took the Mag for a roll up to our local Ikea (furniture store), which is located in one of those ultra hip urban shopping mall spots that attracts just as many tourists as it does the local yokels.

I found this sweet parking spot, right up front along the sidewalk that is like a conveyor belt of google eyed tourists that have their cameras all qued up and ready to snap the casual photo of Brad Pitt chillin at Mcdonalds on the drop of a dime.

Anyhow, my son and I are sitting on the planter enjoying a couple of fully loaded hot dogs, watching the foot traffic and enjoying the freshly glazed Magnum when suddenly, this woman in her 40's for sure, eases up next to the passenger side of the mag, grabs the door handle and stirkes a pose as 2 other women gather around her and the only man in the bunch took photos of them with the mag!

I tinted the windows, changed the turn signal lamp, and I thought I was still a little too stock to post a photo here. Just wait til those rims and springs get in!

:rck:

·
Registered
271 Posts
hahaa. I know the feeling. The first weekend I had the car completely stock I dropped the wife off at a local shopping area and I parked the car to make some phone calls. I look up and people are walking around the car checking it out. I was amazed. I had a customized F150 2 vehicles ago and would get many thumbsup for but this was insane. I get a lot of stares now with the wheels and tint and removed badging. My mother thinks the stares are because people cant tell what kind of car it is because I removed the emblems. hahah thats the point isnt it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Know what ya mean. Many times, in many places I've observed throngs of people taking photo shoots. Cameras and camera phones alike. I like to stand out of sight and raise the car with the airbag remote! Then lower it again.That always gets em.

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
butweet said:
Know what ya mean. Many times, in many places I've observed throngs of people taking photo shoots. Cameras and camera phones alike. I like to stand out of sight and raise the car with the airbag remote! Then lower it again.That always gets em.
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

If I had Air Ride I would do that too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seeing the faces of the people around your car when the air bags kick in has to be hillarious butweet!

hey magnumman I bought a set off this fella on ebay. I am gonna try em I think I'll like the fact that these bulbs will be silver or clear until I need to activate em.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh, you got those silver ones that turn amber. Hey, let me know if they work ok, I was going to get some but I wasn't too sure about them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
silvers

i just ordered the silver's too.im trying to get the one's for the rear signals,unless their the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a guy pop a laptop and run a webcam down the car at a stoplight once. My first thought was "What did I do wrong?", but I hadn't been driving aggressively.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll tell ya..I have always customized my vehicles. F150's, Rams, Vette's, even a GrandAm. My Vette I sold a few months ago was clean and nice; it got a lot of attention especially when people heard the whine of the Paxton supercharger. My Magnum? It gets more attention than ANY car I have ever owned! I have had on more than a few occasions people walk up and say "I really didn't like this car until I saw yours". Man that feels good. These cars are awesome. It doesn't matter how many of them are out there they look great! This may be a blind statement but it is true of me. I think the Magnum owner that customizes his Magnum has a different approach then all the Escalades and ricers that look the same. I think that most of us customize for our selves not to impress or outdo someone else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Some of us are pretty happy with stock. This vehicle has a great look, but I'm more interested in the drivetrain, versatility and performance than in making it "uniquely mine".

·
Registered
401 Posts
butweet said:
Don't anyone tell butweet that I took his ride out cruising for ladies last weekend.....put a stock SE in it's place.....

He never noticed.... :cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh.... Butweet noticed, alright! The transvestite you picked up, called me on her...uhmm, his...uhmm, it's cell-phone and said you two were out having a ball in my ride! BTW.... it said, "you weren't that good." :thatfunny

Blackcomb said:
Don't anyone tell butweet that I took his ride out cruising for ladies last weekend.....put a stock SE in it's place.....

He never noticed.... :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
butweet said:
Oh.... Butweet noticed, alright! The transvestite you picked up, called me on her...uhmm, his...uhmm, it's cell-phone and said you two were out having a ball in my ride! BTW.... it said, "you weren't that good." :thatfunny
:thatfunny​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.