DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever used this I woke up Friday to sound Raining Golf Balls so I got out of bed and had to sit there and watch my truck get the hell beat out of it (no Garage) and the insurance company said they no only pay for paintless repair now. Also the body shops I talked to all say its the way to go. But should I trust them they do have a good reputation on body work but they all contract out the PDR crap.
Thanks
Danny

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
What got beat up most, just hood and roof? or every panel?

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
we used paintless dent repair before on my moms hail damaged expedition, they did a good job on it

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
I just had eight dents fixed by Dent Wizard last week and it looks as good as new. There were two on the hood and the rest were on three of the doors. They ranged from 3" on the hood to door dings. You can't tell any of them were ever there. I was very happy. It was $325 though. A bit expensive but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I t beats getting bodywork done. You will not even notice.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i agree its the best way to go and the cheapest, those fellas know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've used paintless repair on several occasions to have door dings removed. Each time they did an awesome job. I knew where the dents were and could not find any evidence they were ever there. Much better than bondo and painting.

On a side note. If the dents are so deep that the metal stretched or for dents on a sharp crease, they probably won't be able to use the paint free process. Either way, your insurance should cover getting it back to it's original condition.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Yeah, same experience here. I've got a buddy that has to get it done about every other year. Some areas of Central Texas are murder on hail damage. He always uses paintless dent repair, and I've never been able to tell where they were (even though I had seen them prior to his cars going into the shop).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys makes me feel better about it hearing from people that actually had it done and are happy with it. By the way it is on the hood & Roof bad then every other panel minor. insurance cut me a check for $1800.00 for my truck and then $2200.00 for my wifes grand prix I could not imagine what it would cost if they were doing it the old fashion way.

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
yea paintless dent repair is cheap, im gettin quoted right now for some door dings and they were tellin me $30 a dent is what they were asking so im gona hop right on that lol

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
if you want to do it yourself(cheap and easy) i heard of people using dry ice to get them out. i think you just lay a thin washrag or towel on top of the dent and lay the dry ice on top of it. my truck got the crap beat out of it about 6 months ago, and im gonna try that method first, cant get away from the east texas hail.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had a foul ball land right in the middle of my hood once and used the dry ice trick to take it out. It worked perfectly. I covered the dent with a washcloth, poured boiling water over it then put the dry-ice on the cloth over the dent. It popped right out. May be a pain for numerous dents.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think with all the dents I have it would take foever to do that, but it would be nice to pocket that insurance money(or spend it on mods) :IDEA:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had paintless dent removal done to a Mustang I had a year ago. We had a bad hail storm and there were golfball sized dents all over the car, must have been hundreds of dents. When I got the car back it looked like new, no evidence of damage whatsoever. I would definitely use that service again.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Count up the dents you have. Should be anywhere from 30 - 70 per dent depending on the size of the dent. You may come out with enough money left over for some sweet mods.:)

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
who keeps dragging all these old threads up ??????

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've used PDR several times in the past. Every single time I am amazed by how the dent literally disappears. Takes a lot of training and practice to get good... but wow... those guys do amazing work. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.