DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im looking to paint the cover shown in the pic with the red circle around it and was looking for advice! Ive painted alot of things and some plastic things but i havent painted something big and plastic so i was wondering how to prep and paint this...

Do I use a plastic paint promotor or use a flexable primer, i heard both work and serve the same purpose but i want this to last and be durable and i see a few have painted this along with your mirrors and even the cups for the foglights?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sand it down really good, go over it with a scuff pad till its smooth as a babies bottom, then prime it, wet sand it, and paint it. And yes you will have to add flex agent due to it being a plastic bumper.

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so your saying add a flex agent to the paint, right? I havent heard that one but i beleive sherwin williams paint already has that...

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
not sure but you can't do worse than the factory

my factory paint is literally falling off of that piece

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sucks...hell, i may just spray bomb it with black and clear it so if anything happens i can touch it up for cheap! I plan to convert the front to an 06 next year so this is just temp. (hopefully)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.