DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever painted the interior of their trucks?
My truck came with a gray interior and I hate the color gray. I want all of my door panels and dash black. But I don't want to paint it black if it would look like crap and not have a shine to it after it's cleaned. I want it to look like factory. Am I just out of luck or is there a paint out there that would work?
Anyone have any pics if you did it?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Marhide is what you paint door panels and other plastic parts with. Its a vinyl dye.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
I painted mine and it turned out ok. I know that I could have done a better job and may redo it later but for my first cut it looks ok.

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I bought a few interior components out of other trucks to install in mine because mine did not originally come with them (like stuff from an SLT). At one time, I was looking at an overhead console that was not the correct color, but was a really good price. I went to the dealer to see how much a new overhead console would cost just for comparison. After telling them about the miscolored one I was looking at, they told me they sell factory color interior paints. He showed me some, but I don't recall now what type they were. They are colored to be exact matched to the factory interior color codes. That might be a way to go.

Whatever you end up doing, please: pics pics pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.