DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to paint the black trim pieces AROUND my cruise control buttons on my steering wheel, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to pop them off. Anybody done this before?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I believe there's a single screw for each on the back side of the steering wheel that holds them on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I got it figured out. There are two screws in the back that hold the cover on in the middle of the steering wheel, and once those are out you can slide the cover and airbag out of the way, then you'll have access to the insert tabs with a screw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics if anyone is interested..

Before obviously:

What the little surrounds look like when they're out:

You can see the tabs in this pic:

Finished!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Your truck is just a tad newer than mine apparently. And very nice job. One day I'd like to attempt painting a bunch of interior trim pieces myself.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Wow, great job. I didn't know those could be painted like that, that's sweet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
very nice
i used the mrk covers on mine

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
im going to try that if i can stop working 7 days a week lol

·
'08LaRam
680 Posts
Looks great, I want to do some interior work on my truck.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Came out awesome!

·
Registered
194 Posts
That looks pretty sweet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the compliments guys!
I was gonna get those mrk covers until I saw how much they wanted for them, they do look nice though.

Here's some other painted interior pieces...I'm trying to not go TOO overboard, I think I may have already done it though, haha.

These pics were taken a little while back. It looks a little light in the pictures, but it's almost dead on with the deep color of the Inferno Red on the truck, can barely see a difference even when holding the pieces up to the outside of the truck. And the little metallic flakes make it look incredible in the sunlight.

Will be replacing this will a double din nav bezel I just got, figure I'll paint it the same way.

Rear Door

Front

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
I was never a fan of removing everything small that comes out and painting them. Just was a import thing and I hate that scene.

My neighbor did that to his Maxima. Gold car, black interior. Everything he could pry out he painted red. Rattle can. :fail:

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I think in this case it's tastefully done, nice job.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think in this case it's tastefully done, nice job.
I agree. Tie's it in with the exterior nicely,and break's up the to much gray interior in these truck's.

·
War Eagle!
2,005 Posts
you painted the overhead console too? looks nice

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I got bored of wood grain and did the same thing, then decided to do the vents and door pieces as well. I went for the SRT look:D Yours looks sweet, I like it. You now have given me some ideas on my steering wheel, lol

Attachments

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
thats sweet i like what you did to the vents v2

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks, I wanted a "custom" look.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
How did you guys go about painting? Did it require anything special or is it just any ol rattle can and spray the pieces?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.