DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought these from 67Charger. They were chrome, but not anymore. I sanded, primed, and coated them with Plasti-Dip, which is a rubbery type spray on coating. They turned out pretty slick IMO. Maybe it is time to paint the RAM badge black. Also, coming soon is a 2" front leveling kit.

When I first got them:

After I primed them:

Then installed:

·
- BASEBALL SEASON -
521 Posts
was this an easy diy

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Thats different, Looks good.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
An easy DIY? Sort of...just a lot of sanding by hand because I do not have a sander! LOL Two coats of primer and three coats of the Plasti Dip coating.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
An easy DIY? Sort of...just a lot of sanding by hand because I do not have a sander! LOL Two coats of primer and three coats of the Plasti Grip coating.
Did you use spray can lacquer primer if so the plasti grip coating would have better adhesion then the primer will on chrome. Not much will bond to chrome plating.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
They look good painted badges would make look even sweeter

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The chrome had some pitting, so I sanded it smooth and used Rustoleum primer. I put on two thick coats of that. It seemed to stick very well. I even attempted to scuff it and did not chip it. Granted, I did not beat it with a hammer or anything, but it held up. the Plasti-Dip is supposed to be resistant to chipping, cracking, etc. We will see how it holds up. If it craps out, then I will get them powder-coated.

·
RAIDER FAN
2,690 Posts
Looks good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.