DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my stock chrome grille insert black last night. I was considering getting a stock honeycomb insert to install but finally just went for it. Thanks to Shots for the tutorial on grille insert removal (its a sticky at the top of this thread). It was a great help. I removed the inserts, cleaned them with car wash soap and water, and hand dried them leaving them spotless. I used 2 coats of Duplicolor Adhesion Promotor followed by a few coats of Duplicolor gloss black. I focused on painting the front and top sides of the insert. The underside and back got almost no paint. I folllowed the gloss black with Duplicolor clear coat. I let everything adhere and dry overnight, then mounted it back up this afternoon. Big improvment over the stock chrome. I recommend this to anyone with a sport grille shell. Attached are pics of before and after. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
RamATC
291 Posts
that looks sweet!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Much meaner in the black........Nice Job

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
Awesome. 1000% better in black.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Definitly better looking in black, now all you need to do is get the cleared headlights...

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Yellow04Hemi, thanks for the idea. I am going to go ahead and do mine.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hmm that looks really good. I replaced my chrome inserts with the black honeycomb and I like it. But that looks better :)

Great another mod i have too find time to do :D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
prczx6r said:
Definitly better looking in black, now all you need to do is get the cleared headlights...
I say black them sum bichez out :rck:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Yeah it is a nice improvement on yellow trucks especially

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
helo-pilot said:
That looks good.

You can also just do parts of it as well. :D
How is it holding up