DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got off of work today at 8:30AM and got home.I was bored as hell till 10 so I turned on the price is right.Gotta love that bob barker :D.Well anywho,I was bored again so I went to pep boys and just bought some painting supplies.I sanded up my SS grille inserts took about 3 hours to do it all.Added the promoter and some primer and then slapped on the paint.I like it.I know kenny you were gonna do this same mod with yours and I am sorry for doing the same.Here are some pics of the new grille.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Man, that does look a lot better. I usually like chrome or billet grilles, but painting them makes your truck look even more sporty. My "thumbs up" to ya!
 

·
C HEMI GO
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
Bob Barker Rocks! They gave away a viper on monday!

Oh, and nice grill!
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sgrizzle said:
Bob Barker Rocks! They gave away a viper on monday!

Oh, and nice grill!

HELL YEAH!!! did you see that chick that won 3 cars all I say is GOT DAAAAMNNN!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,005 Posts
Looks cool Tony! Do me a favor and take a pic from further out so I can get a full shot of the whole front end. Looks nice though man! No worries on the idea, we all share and share alike.

KB
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are 3 different angle shots kenny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,005 Posts
Damn....I'm feeling it Bro. That looks really clean like that. :tup:

KB
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.Kenny you shouold go for it.Will be alot easier for your since the grilles are already brushed.Just sand em down a bit and presto.
 

·
Relentless
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
That looks mean as hell.....i was talking to a guy who does alot of air brushing about painting and sanding my stock grill....he said it will chip and flake after a few years....is this true?
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lpfan4life85 said:
That looks mean as hell.....i was talking to a guy who does alot of air brushing about painting and sanding my stock grill....he said it will chip and flake after a few years....is this true?
I wont be able to tell you that just yet.If it chips I will post here but it looks pretty stuck on there.Wish I could say the same about my grille shell :mad: stupid paint shop did an AWFUL job and its chipping like its no tommorrow.Will get it repainted tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,619 Posts
that looks good ...you did a nice job...
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4404spd said:
that looks good ...you did a nice job...
Thank you paint master :D I am happy I have your approval :gr_patrio :gr_patrio :rck: :rck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,619 Posts
CRMRAM said:
Thank you paint master :D I am happy I have your approval :gr_patrio :gr_patrio :rck: :rck:
hey now... :D
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4404spd said:
hey now... :D
:D sorry I just had to do it :D

Thanks guys for the compliments :) I think my next step is gonna be the black racing stripes but not before the SRT hood and the repainting of my grille shell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,619 Posts
CRMRAM said:
:D sorry I just had to do it :D

Thanks guys for the compliments :) I think my next step is gonna be the black racing stripes but not before the SRT hood and the repainting of my grille shell.
leave it plain....stripes are too much ...my.02 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,359 Posts
Once more and more guys started doing what some others had suggested by getting rid of the cheapie plastic simulated bars and going with honeycomb(like 4404spd) I have started wondering why SRT-10 trucks have 3 different grill insert types going on.......look at one next time........even the lower bumper insert doesnt match the hood scoop insert.
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
4404spd said:
leave it plain....stripes are too much ...my.02 cents
your right.It would look more black than red.Probably will do a photochop just to see how it looks for kicks.
 

·
Infinite Lives
Joined
·
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
slammed1 said:
Once more and more guys started doing what some others had suggested by getting rid of the cheapie plastic simulated bars and going with honeycomb(like 4404spd) I have started wondering why SRT-10 trucks have 3 different grill insert types going on.......look at one next time........even the lower bumper insert doesnt match the hood scoop insert.
I hear ya.The hood has the little square looking things,the main grille the billet bars and the bottom some little angled squares too.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top