DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hemi Dave and myself tackled the project of painting the calipers on my '07 Ram yesterday before the Houston meet. Used the Duplicolor brush-on kit from O'Reilly's and after two good coats all the way around, that little can of paint is still more than half full.

We used the brake cleaner provided with the kit and a wire brush to clean them before painting.

Here are some pics, beginning with the "before" shots of the fronts.

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few shots of the rears...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
nice

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Yep the masking definitely paid off, even with the steadiest of hands doing some of the painting (Hemi Dave). :SPIN:

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
Nice job. I was looking for results with the duplicolor blue and I like. Thats whats Ill be using on my truck this summer

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks great. Now come do mine :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice job. I was looking for results with the duplicolor blue and I like. Thats whats Ill be using on my truck this summer
Cool! :tup:

I'm really happy with the glossy finish of the Duplicolor paint myself.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
looks good that was my first choice but right before i bought it my cousin had black so thats what i used

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good that was my first choice but right before i bought it my cousin had black so thats what i used
I think black goes better with the theme of your truck anyway. But for me it was either red or blue, and red is just too "loud" for my truck and doesn't go with anything else on it... so I chose blue. :SPIN:

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That looks really good. What's this "masking" all about?

·
member of the EH team
1,125 Posts
looks good, I like those rims

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks good, I like those rims
Thanks!

As for the "masking", we were just trying to keep the paint from getting in places it's not supposed to be... lol.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nice,

I used the G2 Caliper coating and have buddy who does caliper decals, if your interested they run about $10.00

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.