Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I said "Caliper". haha

I got some red caliper paint on the way home and did one. The spray paint is a pain and messy. It was only $5. But they had a brush on kit for $14.99 and I am going to grab that to do the other three.

I did paint the rotor too. Flat black. The middle hub looks shiney but I just painted it with flat paint.. just needs to dry.

So if you are thinking of painting the cailpers... brush on is way easier..

Attachments

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
looks great man!

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Nice work bro.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looks good man.. I got the caliper paint kit to do mine with as well.

The brush that they give you with the kit is crap. I bought foam applicator brushes from Lowes to apply the paint with on mine. They give you a more uniform coat too.

The paint has been on for a couple of months now and still looking good and shiny so far.

Definitely worth the time and little bit of $$ to get it done.

·
Tboneforyou
188 Posts
I'm no expert but I thought you
were not supposed to put anything
on the rotors let alone paint them?
Aren't they lubed?:party09:

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
on the insides

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
i did mine with the brush on kit....works well. Red calipers look good with dark wheels

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts

I got some red caliper paint on the way home and did one. The spray paint is a pain and messy. It was only $5. But they had a brush on kit for $14.99 and I am going to grab that to do the other three.

I did paint the rotor too. Flat black. The middle hub looks shiney but I just painted it with flat paint.. just needs to dry.

x2

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Originally Posted by 06QuadRam

x2

Attachments

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I need to paint mine as well. The stockers really look bad behind aftermarket wheels. I also prefer the brush on kit. Less to tape, and much cleaner/easier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.