DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very tiny ding the size of the end of a ball point pen, directly below the gas cap on my '06 black Magnum R/T! :VHOT:

Anyway, I can see the metal, its as if the paint flaked all the way off in that little spot.

What should I do? Is there a touch up kit I can buy from you? Should I let the dealer do it (for some serious cash I am sure)

I mean we are talking microscopic, but since I can see the metal, I don't want a rust problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
is your car still covered under warranty? if so, they might fix it for free, just hassle em. If not, go to any local superstore or auto store and get a small tube of color coded touch up paint, your dealership may have it but itll be a lot more $$$ for it. Just get that though, and dab it in the spot, just take your time to do it and itll look good as new. Hope this helps. Also, MAKE SURE to get the right code and match it up man, dont want no weird 2 tone thing going. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I finally received the paint touch up kit from the dealership. Now, here's where my lack of experience comes in.... do I just shake it up real good and put some on the car? Is it that simple? Do any of you have some good advice for doing this sort of thing? Is there any surface prep involved? technique to getting a seemless look? Any other words of wisdom for a novice?

thanks in advance....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Clean the area with rubbing alcohol should be enough prep. Then an old trick if the spot is that small is to use a toothpick dipped in the paint and just prick the small hole to fill with paint. NOT THICK.. thin layers maybe 3 times should do you just fine. polish and wax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.