DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This Space Left Blank
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is currently at the body shop getting some paint repairs done. While it is there I was thinking of color matching the front and rear SLT bumpers, as well as getting the grill shell painted with the emblem shaved off.

They have quoted me $800.00 to do this. It seems a to be a bit pricy to me. Does that seem expensive to anyone else? The color is Inferno Red (I don't know if that makes a big difference)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
922 Posts
that's really expensive. i just got quoted 300 for painted front/rear bumpers from the place that just did my roof. you should check around. also, how are they prepping the bumpers? sand blasting? using a self etching primer, then paint? are they taking the bumpers off the truck(hopefully :D ) to do the work?

·
This Space Left Blank
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They send them to a local shop where the bumpers would be dipped in a solution that removes the chrome.

Yes, they remove them first... I think :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
OpposableToe said:
They send them to a local shop where the bumpers would be dipped in a solution that removes the chrome.

Yes, they remove them first... I think :D
haha i figured they would but with some shops, like around my area, you just never know. :D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You can always ask around. But I bet thats price isn't far off from what others will quote you.

KB

·
Registered
119 Posts
the big problem is with the inferno red, they have to blend paint to the fenders or hood I know I have a new hood and grill at the shop right now, for painting but just have not had the time to leave the truck for a couple of days to have it done due to the blending

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Sounds about right

I took off my front bumper ,grill shell and bed rails . I also took in my drop spindles ( to prevent rusting before I had my drop put on )

They shaved the grill shell

They painted the bumper and drop spindles silver and the grill shell and bed rails blue

$575

·
This Space Left Blank
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$200 in supplies! What supplies were required?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.