DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i washing my truck today and i noticed on top of the drivers side door that the paint was peeling and also kinda pubbling. its only on the top of the door no where else. i bought the truck at carmax so i plan on taking it in there and seeing what they say. i wash my truck at least once a week so i know its not from neglect. here are some pics.

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well just got back from carmax. they showed me that in fact my truck was painted before i bought but they did not tell. the guy said they only warranty that for a year and it has ben three so im screwed. im so pissed right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
wow that sucks

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah thats def bullshit. Thats why I wwon't hardly buy used anymore... Tired of not being told the whole story. Who knows what else they're not saying.

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know but i bought this truck with 4k on it and it only has 27k now

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which brings up why was it painted at under 4k?

Thank god alot of that stuff has to be disclosed at purchase in BC. If not the seller can be at fault. Good luck!
checked the carfax no accidents or anything. carmax said it had some dents that were fixed so i guess they just repainted it

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe the truck was damaged on the train or something. The good news is you can get the door done cheap. Get it done before it gets worse.
ok thanks. would i be able to sand it and clear it myself? im painting the grill right now so i have the supplies

·
V10
628 Posts
isn't there a factory waranty on paint and rust for like 5 years... might be wrong i thought i saw something about that in my owners manual

·
Registered
916 Posts
ok thanks. would i be able to sand it and clear it myself? im painting the grill right now so i have the supplies
The doors need repainted anyway so if you already have the supplies I guess it's worth a shot. It's not like you're gonna hurt it. Worse case is they'll still need painted after you paint 'em....

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
isn't there a factory waranty on paint and rust for like 5 years... might be wrong i thought i saw something about that in my owners manual
how would i find this out? contact my dodge dealership?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
if its been repainted that warranty is null and void.

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
V10
628 Posts
you have a clean carfax and the truck only had 4 thousand on it when you bought it....the guy at the place you bought it could have just said it was repainted to get the responsibility off of him

it would be worth asking the dealer....
they would probally be able to tell

·
Silvered Out
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright thank man

·
Registered
31,160 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
wow.......someone wrecked that bad boy then traded it off.

damn car salesmen!
pretty much...why else would you get rid of a truck with only 4k on it? i would have been leary as to why it was on the lot with so little miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.