DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2005 sxt awd and i do have chunks of paint chipping of on corners of my hood (closer to window end) and edges of all four doors,does anybody
have same problem.
(nothing cant hit on those places from road or another car doors)

·
Registered
125 Posts
No paint problems here. Sounds like you have a warranty issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh yeah -- '06 black, less than 2 months old, less than 2,500 miles on the clock: Paint is peeling off the rear bumper cover (just behind wheel well flares on both sides, where the cover meets the body sheetmetal); and, missed paint (grey primer showing) on the right edge of the lift gate. I spoke with the dealer regarding the bumper cover (before I saw the primer), but have not gone in to have the problems addressed. I really do not want to have the back of the car repainted; but, don't know what alternatives I have.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lmbcfls said:
Oh yeah -- '06 black, less than 2 months old, less than 2,500 miles on the clock: Paint is peeling off the rear bumper cover (just behind wheel well flares on both sides, where the cover meets the body sheetmetal); and, missed paint (grey primer showing) on the right edge of the lift gate. I spoke with the dealer regarding the bumper cover (before I saw the primer), but have not gone in to have the problems addressed. I really do not want to have the back of the car repainted; but, don't know what alternatives I have.
Sounds like it has already been repainted. It happens, the car carriers even the dealers wreck the car and repair them. Aftermarket paint cannot hold up on those flexible bumpers like the factory paint. It IS a warranty issue!

·
Registered
290 Posts
paint peeling

sounds like a repaint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.