DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would post, that I paid off the truck on the 20th. It feels great, it almost seems like the truck drives better:D

The last payment was $2,216.33. It took me 38 payments to pay it off, considering I had it on a 6 year loan, that means I paid it off 34 months early. I find that pretty impressive considering I didn't start paying extra on it until March. The first payment receipt stated the starting balance of the loan was $25,200.

Glad we (my Wife and I) took that Dave Ramsey financial planning class. Before that my wife and I were paying more then $400 a month on interest alone, for our various debts. $400 is almost as much was the payment for my truck was. I can't wait to put that in a savings account and save up for the next vehicle, then going in debt again.

Long story short, give me a pat on the back, and say congrats!

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
I just thought I would post, that I paid off the truck on the 20th. It feels great, it almost seems like the truck drives better:D

The last payment was $2,216.33. It took me 38 payments to pay it off, considering I had it on a 6 year loan, that means I paid it off 34 months early. I find that pretty impressive considering I didn't start paying extra on it until March. The first payment receipt stated the starting balance of the loan was $25,200.

Glad we (my Wife and I) took that Dave Ramsey financial planning class. Before that my wife and I were paying more then $400 a month on interest alone, for our various debts. $400 is almost as much was the payment for my truck was. I can't wait to put that in a savings account and save up for the next vehicle, then going in debt again.

Long story short, give me a pat on the back, and say congrats!
Very good man! i just got the title to my hemi a week ago in the mail, its a great feeling, im 24 years old have my home and my truck paid off, only thing i have left is my little eco car i use for work :rck:

Congrats again man :gr_patrio

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I believe I would have a party and burn each and every payment slip one at time ... :evillaugh

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
I believe I would have a party and burn each and every payment slip one at time ... :evillaugh
would but ive been doing paperless billing for some time now lol :D

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Awesome, congrats!! Dave Ramsey knows his sheit

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
would but ive been doing paperless billing for some time now lol :D
I did the paperless on my truck but they sent me the payment books anyway. That's what made it so much fun to watch them go up in smoke.

:)

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Congrats, I have about 2 years left on mine. I have 0% interest on mine and my wifes Jeep is paid off, so I have not been in a hurry to pay mine off. If I had interest though I would probably done the same thing you did and paid it off quick as possible. I dont like having payments hanging over my head.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Just payed mine off last week! Took 3 1/2 years with 0% interest! Just in time to graduate college in 3 weeks :) AMAZING FEELING!

·
Registered
226 Posts
rock on man!! :rck: I just made a 11k payment on mine last month I only got 3500ish left to go!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
more modding money!! lol good to hear

·
'08LaRam
680 Posts
The feeling is great. I started paying extra on mine immediately and paid it off in 11 months from purchase date.

·
Registered
555 Posts
First of all, congrats...that must be an awesome feeling!
Second, I don't mean to jack your thread but I've never heard of Dave Ramsey...care to shed some light?>

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Second, I don't mean to jack your thread but I've never heard of Dave Ramsey...care to shed some light?>
Dave Ramsey is a financial advisor, that gives awesome tips and ways to get yourself out of debt, if your wanting out of debt and are ready to do what it takes to get there, he is a great coach for it :rck:

Ive been using him for years now, and he has never led me in the wrong direction :rck:

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
go to his website and listen to his radio show, its entertaining

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Click on this for his website. If you are sceptical about his method buy his book first or listen to his radio show first. But if you really want to get out of debt and BUILD WEALTH take his class Financial Peace University.

·
Registered
2020 RAM Power Wagon, 2007 Dodge RAM 1500, 2011 Jeep JKU
187 Posts
Congrats on the payoff.

Paid mine off in June, it is nice not having a PMT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.