DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
RamRoddin'
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...907804+4294839967+4294918680+115&autoview=sku

I realize these are by no means top of the line headers but what kind of performance, if any, over stock could i expect with these? Just seems like a helluva low price for a pair of midlength headers.
How do you guys feel about midlength headers for whats, primarily, going to be a "daily highway driver" and occasional bed hauler (tools/lumber) and light tower?
Im new to modding in general. All ive ever done to my vehicles is my own general maintc. and repairs etc.. so go easy on me hehe.
Im on a very limited budget, im saving for a ring for my fiance' and at the same time trying to get a little more out of my ram. Not the best rock and hard place to be between but im trying to make it work lol..

·
Registered
837 Posts
When I lived in Phoenix earlier this year I went over to Pace-setter to pick there brains on what type of headers I should get. I told them that my truck was my daily driver and I wanted to maximize my fuel economy while still being able to get on it and go if I wanted to. They said get the mid-length were my best bet. Maximizes your bottom and mid-range and helps out with over-all fuel economy. Now if only they would make them for my truck. If the price is good I would get them. Wow I just looked at the price. You can't go wrong there.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
You can get Mid Pacesetters in ebay for the same price of 250 or long tubes for 300.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Look at the collectors on there long tubes,versus the mids.
The mids dont have any.
Collectors will produce most of your tq.
The long tubes will scavenge the exhaust gasses increasing the power across the board.
Do you think saving 100 bucks is worth giving up all the power and advantages over longtubes.
Longtubes will outperforms shorty and mids always.
Google collectors and youll read about all the benifits.
Because they are mild steel they need to be coated as well.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
I prefer long tube headers to mids.
Since mids aren't a bolt up to the existing exhaust either I think you might as well do pacesetter LT's. Its a tried and true mod for these hemi rams

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can get Mid Pacesetters in ebay for the same price of 250 or long tubes for 300.
yea i was lucky and got my lts for that off ebay about a year an half or so..:tup: but to guy asking i put my lts on when i was stock i seen a nice step up in performance in the upper rpms...but if you ever consider doing more mods (cam,heads) or anything like that i would go with long tubes cause all that works together to make more power...:drivingz:

·
RamRoddin'
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll probly stick to an intake - exhaust n cutout, maybe some suspension work and bigger tires n a superchips n a hard cover. Dont see a need for much more in my life in the near future. Probly buy a new dodge b4 I can even afford anything like cams or heads.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
What the guys are trying to say if you don't get a ceramic coated header don't bother getting headers at all.
Longevity, lowers the underhood temps huge and they look great.

And if you going to go most of the way splurge the extra couple bucks and get the long tubes because they are the best, hands down.

I got the pacesetter long tubes on my 03. For the price of these things I don't understand why eveyone isn't running them.

·
RamRoddin'
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i understand the ceramic comment but not the longtube comment. why would i want less mpg and less low end on a daily driver and occasional tower? its not a track truck.

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
what do you guys think of the 280 dollar pacesetter lts moes sell vs the ceramic coated ones?

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
i understand the ceramic comment but not the longtube comment. why would i want less mpg and less low end on a daily driver and occasional tower? its not a track truck.
your only gonna gain with lts both hp and tq. dont see how they lower tq down low, but hope fully soon i will have a before and after dyno, same day.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I've had mids and longtubes.
Longtubes are the better header hands down. There was more of a difference going from mids to longtubes then there was going from stock to mids. Not just on the top end but through the whole rpm range. Whichever you decide on ceramic coat them!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I don't know I didn't buy a full size truck then hot rod it to try and get good mpg, so I don't bother keeping track.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
i was buying shoes tonight and for the first time i was campairing the weight of each i was looking at. hoping the lighter shoes might counter my lead foot. ill have to post up some before and after numbers....lol jk

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i was buying shoes tonight and for the first time i was campairing the weight of each i was looking at. hoping the lighter shoes might counter my lead foot. ill have to post up some before and after numbers....lol jk
Please fill us in......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.