DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I have a similar setup but cut up the y pipe put a x pipe in with no cats though id like to get the 02 extensions but not sure how far away they would work Ill post pictures of my setup.
casper electronics has 12", 24", and 36" if memory serves me well. :cool:

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I still need to add two cats before the x pipe
that looks good :tup: is that a kit or did you fab it?
I would like to extend my exhaust back further to reduce cabin noise. Right now it's not too bad, but it would be nice to listen to the radio with the windows down.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
looks good. thats a load of clamps lol. any leaks with those ones?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very little, moisture mostly all fabbed in the driveway not a kit just pieced together .
Clamps are from summit worked real well .

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
looks good. thats a load of clamps lol. any leaks with those ones?
mine leak slightly. maybe they need to be tightened up? any clamp system will have a monetary amount of leak. the only way to insure its an air tight system is to weld the unions. "yeller" i know your working with a turbo system. if it was me on a turbo truck, i would weld it. v-band clamps are a little better than the overlap band clamps we used in these pictures. and the v-bands still require welding.. so y not forget the clamps entirely and just weld the natural overlaps together?

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
mine leak slightly. maybe they need to be tightened up? any clamp system will have a monetary amount of leak. the only way to insure its an air tight system is to weld the unions. "yeller" i know your working with a turbo system. if it was me on a turbo truck, i would weld it. v-band clamps are a little better than the overlap band clamps we used in these pictures. and the v-bands still require welding.. so y not forget the clamps entirely and just weld the natural overlaps together?
my exhaust is completely welded with a few v-bands in it. i was going to use ball flange originally but a v-band has to be the best clamping style out there. self aligning no gaskets to blow out. the little leaks that you have should seal with exhaust carbon. how does it all sound?

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
i cant here the leaks. though the exhaust does throw water from all the joints every time i start it.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.