DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Squiddy
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever look into the legality of automotive public address systems?

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
It varies from state to state. Sometimes it falls under noise ordinance and other times it is clearly state that no public address is allowable without permit or in general. Your best bet is to check your local and state laws to see what the rulings are. If you're ever in question, just always ask yourself "Will what I do affect other drivers negatively?" If so, its probably illegal.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
"Will what I do affect other drivers negatively?" If so, its probably illegal.
BOOOOOO!!!!!

Activate the electric cutout!
All speakers to maximum!
To excelsior.....AND BEYOND!

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
BOOOOOO!!!!!

Activate the electric cutout!
All speakers to maximum!
To excelsior.....AND BEYOND!
Hahahahaha! Didn't say it was fun but its funny what some LEO's will enforce and others won't. For example, in almost every state its illegal to honk your horn incase of an emergency.... so the pizza guy trying to get your attention or the guy stuck in rush hour traffic just honking away even though he hasn't moved in 15 minutes.... all illegal. But again, it all various state to state and city to city. If you don't know, don't do it :D

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I want one just to scare people

·
Squiddy
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what will i do?

Mainly, and i hate to intimate that i suffer from the disease otherwise known as road rage, i intend to ridicule/chastise people who drive with little to no common sense. i'm just sick and f'in tired of being tailgated(this really stems from riding a motorcycle and how insane people are to follow as closely as they do) - and more importantly i'm pissed that people drive with no semblance of care for those around them. my wife and i just had our first child two months ago, and it has really opened my eyes to how inconsiderate some people are. if the cops around here aren't going to enforce driving with care laws, then i'm just gonna have to address the situation myself. i see more people driving around with their brake lights out, bald tires, blatantly driving like *******s, speeding down residential back roads, illegal lane changes in intersections and at high speeds on the interstate. i'm really not that high strung, but enough is enough. i've encountered more people who become aggressive when they're the ones who are operating dangerously than not. i have my hid driving lamps behind the grill for offenders in front of me, and am contemplating some search lights or similar hids for tailgaters. the PA would merely aid in putting these morons in their place.

no for a few questions for the folks who have pa systems already... what wattage do you folks run for a speaker? where did you mount them? are they audible at highway speeds? any other pointers?

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
That is funny. I had one for a while as well, my CB had the option for PA. It was pretty funny. What's cool is to sit next to a drive through and when people are pulling in say WELCOME TO BURGER KING and they start ordering before the person is ready inside.. haha but I didn't do that :)

I also had one that did sound effects. Cows, chickens, ducks etc. That was funny as well.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Yeah I used to have the one from JcWhitney that had lots of different sound effects. It lasted a while until it got rained on in my wrangler :( Now All I have is my cobra CB with 100watt PA horn in my truck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I say tread lightly with this. Its kinda funny this just came up because a group of kids tried pulling me over the other night. They were impersonating police officers pulling people over. They almost received a 14 tickets of 180gr's of lead.

IMO Use with caution.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Youre not going to use this to play music aloud for the neighborhood are you?

·
Squiddy
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no music, no police impersonations, no silliness outside drive thru windows... just pure unadulterated hate directed at the throngs of chowderheads out there. i think it'd be tough to fool someone into thinking my truck is a law enforcement vehicle.

·
Registered
474 Posts
so what would you be doing with it then.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Something like this, I believe you can do your own research on. I have a setup on my truck after seeing how you would take the responisability of owning that equipment, I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't have it nor will I assist in giving you guidance on whats used.

·
Squiddy
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, straightlace.

ok, angus, i guess i'm not the responsible type. i'm just a hardworking 31 year old father who is sick of getting f'd with on the road. i wasn't asking you to install it for me, just what works best. i've already found a manufacturer, and as a licensed electrician, i'm pretty sure i'll be able to install it without your superior knowledge. :worthy:i take it you failed to read my original or subsequent post where i described exactly how i'd use it - to let other drivers know when they're being jerks. let's be honest, there's plenty of folks on this forum who run illegal setups - from catless exhausts with electric cut outs to extremely high bumper heights. i don't need you to judge me because i'm willing to break the law to get my point across to lousy drivers. no where did i state that i intend to challenge people to road side duels or incite violence. i have too much to lose to be convicted of assault. thanks for all your input!

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
:pnice: lol

I can say its nice to have it when you need it regardless of what you want to do with it. Either if its being stupid with your buddies and playing a cow sound when you pull up in their drive way or if its because some one cut you off because they are on a cell phone. I cant count the amount of times I yelled at someone to get off there phone when they cut me off and a few did. Once they realized what they did one even apologized to me at the next light.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I like to burp into the PA when I get behind convertibles.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Mainly, and i hate to intimate that i suffer from the disease otherwise known as road rage, i intend to ridicule/chastise people who drive with little to no common sense. i'm just sick and f'in tired of being tailgated(this really stems from riding a motorcycle and how insane people are to follow as closely as they do) - and more importantly i'm pissed that people drive with no semblance of care for those around them. my wife and i just had our first child two months ago, and it has really opened my eyes to how inconsiderate some people are. if the cops around here aren't going to enforce driving with care laws, then i'm just gonna have to address the situation myself. i see more people driving around with their brake lights out, bald tires, blatantly driving like *******s, speeding down residential back roads, illegal lane changes in intersections and at high speeds on the interstate. i'm really not that high strung, but enough is enough. i've encountered more people who become aggressive when they're the ones who are operating dangerously than not. i have my hid driving lamps behind the grill for offenders in front of me, and am contemplating some search lights or similar hids for tailgaters. the PA would merely aid in putting these morons in their place.

no for a few questions for the folks who have pa systems already... what wattage do you folks run for a speaker? where did you mount them? are they audible at highway speeds? any other pointers?

I'm not gonna lie, you might want to reconsider what your saying you want to do here. You say something out of line to the wrong person you might catch some .45 rounds in your cab. I'm just saying. Not to mention, you do it to an unmarked cop and you might go to jail. I know people on the road are *******s. I get so pissed when I see people with headlights out, no brake lights except the third brake light, they have parts of their car tied on and so forth. I'm not going to go out of my way to f*ck with them. I took what I learned from open wheel modified driving and apply it to the road. It taught me to see multiple cars ahead, to anticipate what the traffic is doing, how to move through traffic and how to react when someone else makes a move.

Just be careful in your idea.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.