Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Everyone,

I've seen the posts regarding the P1899 Code: Park/ Neutral switch stuck in park or gear and am looking for more information regarding a direction to go with this truck i just acquired. Let me give you the details.
2000 (production date 07/1999)
dodge Ram 1500
2wd Standard cab
3.9L V6

I recently purchased this truck from my grandfather, who had owned this truck since new. He was given an emissions exemption in 2013 for the P1899 as it was an on going issue for him as well. When i acquired it, the Reverse lights, starting in Reverse/Drive and the Code were Present so I had put in an aftermarket Standard Motor Parts P/N Switch. Code came back (As I thought it would due to the aftermarket quality) I check wiring for any frayed wires and replace the switch again with a Mopar genuine from the dealer. Still no Dice. truck now has reverse lights! so i could tell that I got one step closer to resolving the issue.

After having a co-worker (i work for Sun Devil Auto) diagnose my issue I was told that I now needed an ECM due to the computer seeing the Switch, acknowledging that the switch was Switching but still throwing the CEL, Knowing that Dodges have been Notorious for ECMS in the past i went ahead and ordered a Re-manufactured ECM. After replacing the ECM i had the same code come up. Still have working Reverse lights, still starts in reverse/drive.

So this is where i am at, if anyone has any insight on what this could be. I would be so greatful as my Temporary Registration is ending soon.

·
Banned
5,244 Posts
You may want to look in the hole that the nss goes in and see if the plastic piece that it rubs against is not worn or loose(tan piece in pic). Another thing is to check that the shiftier linkage is adjusted correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.