DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 CTD and these codes showed up the other day. If I am not mistaken P1693 means there are other codes and the P0522 is a Oil pressure sensor low voltage. What would be causing these to show up?? Is it my oil pressure switch going bad?? any help would be great

Stuart

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
1693: The companion engine control module has shown a fault.
522: Oil pressure sensor problems

Sounds like your oil press. sensor is either going out or getting some funky voltage. Have you tryed resetting the cpu? My have been just a fart in the electrical system that tripped the code(s). Sometimes that will happen. Try resetting it & see if it throws the code.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
P0522 Oil Pressure Voltage Too Low.
Oil pressure sending unit (sensor) voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

What does the oil pressure gauge show...normal presures?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
P0522 Oil Pressure Voltage Too Low.
Oil pressure sending unit (sensor) voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

What does the oil pressure gauge show...normal presures?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you just disconnect the batteries to reset the cpu?? Oil pressure hasn't changed, but it always goes to the same spot when you turn the key on, and doesn't move when the truck is started.

·
Registered
190 Posts
it should move with rpms

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
To reset the cpu, just unhook the hot side of the batt. (POS+) side. Leave the ground side on the batt. After you unhook the hot side, leave it off, get in the truck & turn the key to the START position & hold it for about 1 minute or so. After that, hook the hot side back up & start it up. That should reset the cpu.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reset the cpu and no change, the codes still come up. Would it be a safe bet to say it is the oil pressure sensor gone bad?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes, a bad Oil Pressure Sensor is fairly common.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.