DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine light came on last week. It went off the next day for about 20 miles and then came back on and has styed on ever since. Went to AutoZone to have it checked. Error Code is P0160. I have the service manual... Internal Controller Failure -(PCM internal fault condition detected).
I have no other symptoms other than the engine light staying on. What causes this code. Obviously I do't want to replace the PCM. Can I have a bad ground or something that's causing this?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry, the only way I know is to replace the PCM. I seen this before. (Internal checksum for software failed, does not match calculated value). The high tech way of saying something is F***** in the PCM. Van may drive ok for a long time if you just leave it. Or, If your van has under 70,000 miles the PCM may be covered under an emissions warranty. Call the dealer and give them your vin # to run the warranty.

good luck, Darcar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bummer... guess I'll drive it up until the time for the emmisions test fan mail come in the spring. I've got around 120K on it so that bumps the warranty thing. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.