DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a P0443 code on a 1998 Ram 1500. The is a "circuit" problem.

Evap purge solenoid is new. Even so it is closed when removed from the system and when I apply voltage and ground I can feel and hear it open. So I don't think the problem is here.

With the key on/engine off:

At the connector on the blue/white (should be pin 2), I have 13v. This makes sense as far as I can tell it is coming off the fuse so this should be the positive side.

At the connector on the pink/white (should be pin 1), I have 5v.

I have tested the pink/white from the PCM connector to the evap solenoid connector and there is a 0.2ohm resistance.

At the PCM C3 connector pin 20, there is 5v. I don't know what this value should be.

I have done a pretty thorough goole search and have come up with nothing. I can "bypass" this and make no code show up by using a resister across the connector but I would rather figure out what it really is.

Any ideas on further trouble shooting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I should borrow an oscilloscope from work and monitor that line :). I am going to get the emissions done with it being fooled this weekend so then I can have some time to really figure this out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.