DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a P0441 code on my 2000 Dodge Neon. Autozone wasn't much help, they just said check the gas cap.

The gas cap is tight. Should I just reset the code by removing the battery wire from the terminal?

Where should I start looking for a problem if this code comes back? Should I replace the gas cap? Is there a way to tighten the gas tank at all?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
PO441, "incorect purge flow" says manual, i am not sure what that means.
It means that the gas tank is not sealed properly!!!!!!!! Or the Evap Purge controll selonoid it's self is bad. It's located on the pass side, usually a small canister thats attatched to your motor mount.
If you fill up or take the gas cap off during fill up you will cause this. Also if its not sealed. Maybe th gas cap is no good, maybe the purge controll is not good.

Autozone told you to do the right thing!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I test the gas cap? It clicks, so I assume it is as tight as possible. Should I just replace it?

Also, does anyone have pics of the Evap Purge controll selonoid???

Thanks!

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Located on the passengers side fender where the motor mount is you will see a little canister. It has a vac hose and an electric plug. It isn't very big and is made of plastic!
I don't have no picture but you should be able to find it if it's in the same location on 2nd gens as the first.

The gas cap, it's possible that it's gone bad. It don't happen often but it does happen. Clear your codes and see what happens.
You might not need to do anything but reset the PCM. Buy a book on your car at the parts store. They are well worth the money. check the vac hose on the canister for a break or crack. Once you find it! LOL JK. Good luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.